PDA

View Full Version : Number port issues

jlachowin
04-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm helping my mom get up and running with VOIPo. I signed her up for VOIPo with a new number to test it out. It worked out well, so I initiated the number transfer, and it completed yesterday.

She is now on VOIPo, but here are the issues...

1. When you make a call from her phone, the caller ID shows the old VOIPo, not her ported number.

2. When you call the ported #, you get busy signal (called from my work phone and my cell phone).

I opened a support ticket (ZXP-284619) hoping it's an easy fix, but still not working. My parents live 45min away, so it's hard to get at the location, so I thought I would post here if anyone has any ideas.

jlachowin
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Also wanted to point out, her ported number was from AT&T Uverse, but that shouldn't matter.

usa2k
04-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Here was some advice while a port is pending: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,24018312

What was the expected port date. Did it really happen yet?

it completed yesterday.
Ah, I missed that! In that case submitting the ticket is the wise thing to do.
Being a weekday, you should get taken care of.

Caution: I would not cancel the old line until you prove its working.

VOIPoTim
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Support should be able to help with this.

jlachowin
04-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Cody was able to remote into my computer and then into the grandstream. Outgoing calls work great, but incoming calls, when picked up get a fast busy signal.

My parents have Uverse for internet, and the grandstream is plugged into the LAN port of the Uverse router. I have a static IP set to the grandstream, and the updated UDP ports forwarded.

Anything else I can check in the Uverse router?

VOIPoTim
04-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Uverse is pretty standard. Just continue working with support for this.

jlachowin
04-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Cody got it working, made a BUNCH of test calls. My mom is happy with the call quality. Good job VOIPo!