PDA

View Full Version : MWI indicator wont reset

kevm
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Even using the reset in V panel, I cannot reset my MWI

kevm
04-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Even using the reset in V panel, I cannot reset my MWI

I was able to reset it by leaving another message and listening to it.

Thanks

MisterEd
04-15-2010, 07:29 AM
What you did works but some phones (like my RCA DECT 2-line) have a "feature code" to reset the MWI. Check your manual. If you have no "stutter tone" on your line and you still have the MWI on your phone device it's usually a phone issue.

kevm
04-26-2010, 09:37 PM
thank you very much

ptrowski
04-30-2010, 11:21 AM
My Unidens have had the stutter tone and MWI when there are no messages for a few days now. I have to manually reset them on the base system.

VOIPoLucas
04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
You're saying when you reset the phone base station the stutter dial tone goes away?

abward
05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
My Uniden phone also started showing the MWI today on line 2 (line 1 is not flashing). I have, and have always had, voicemail turned off. Why is it on? I also cannot reset it from vPanel.

burris
05-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Sometimes just activating the find me feature on the Uniden, solves the problem.

stevech
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
My POTS phone gets an MWI update message every 15 minutes while on-hook. So they won't get trouble calls.

oldcqr
05-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Same thing happened to me tonight (I've had this telephone for years and it has always worked correctly). I listened to and then deleted the voice mail I received. I always hit # when I am done and got the 'Goodbye' message, then went on hook.

I waited a few mins and the MWI did not reset. I picked up the line and no stutter tone, so the VM system knows I don't have one waiting. I logged into VPanel and it too said that there was no message waiting. Hitting the update MWI button didn't do anything.

So I logged into my VTA and looked at the settings for the line. It too said 'Message Waiting' = No. Long story short: everything knows there is no message waiting, except the phone.

To reset the indicator, on the VTA I set the 'Message Waiting' field to 'Yes', applied, and then set it to 'No' and applied. The MWI went out.

WARNING: Wild speculation in 3.2.1...

If I were to guess, the Voipo service told the VTA to set the MWI to No before I had a chance to physically put the phone back on-hook, Since it was still off hook it missed the reset message. Perhaps a delay before sending the OFF command is needed?

It also appears that the VTA does not send the MWI reset message if Voipo sends a 'Message Waiting Off' command and the Message Waiting field is already off. If that is the case, you guys may want to change the way VPanel works. When someone hits the Update MWI button, first send the command for the opposite of the current state, and then send the actual state. IE if there are no VMs, first send a 'MWI ON', and then send an 'MWI OFF'.

caseydoug
05-11-2010, 09:34 PM
This happens to me every once in a while, not often, but it's easily fixed by leaving myself a message and then picking it up. I always assumed that the MWI signal was not a discrete code, but a toggle. Somewhere along the line, the signal is missed, and it won't correct itself until another signal is sent. Is this incorrect? Does the server send (and more importantly, does the phone "hear") a discrete "ON" or "OFF," or is it a toggle? I don't know the answer, I'm just asking.

ptrowski
05-12-2010, 08:18 AM
You're saying when you reset the phone base station the stutter dial tone goes away?
Nope, sorry. What I was saying is that there are times that I get a stutter tone when there are not any messages, after I deleted them.
To clear the MWI I have to reset the handsets via the base station.

oldcqr
12-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Ok, I'm feeling a bit stoopid here...

My MWI is stuck (first time in 6+ months), so I logged into the VTA as user to do the Message Waiting flip like I posted earlier.

I can't find where in the pages to do that any more. I see the field on the system tab, but it can't be changed there. System, User 1 and User 2 don't have it. I've tried both 'basic' and 'advanced'

Where did it go?

MisterEd
12-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Just delete all messages from vPanel then call in and leave yourself a new message then delete it. That has always worked for me.

oldcqr
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Just delete all messages from vPanel then call in and leave yourself a new message then delete it. That has always worked for me.

I realize I can do that, but there are times where it is easier to log into the VTA and reset it there.

No one knows where it went?

ptrowski
12-23-2010, 12:11 PM
I realize I can do that, but there are times where it is easier to log into the VTA and reset it there.

No one knows where it went?

I see it when I log into the vpanel, under the Voicemail tab.

VOIPOinTN
01-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I recently had that problem with a Uniden phone. I unplugged it from the power supply, plugged it back in and the MW inicator was reset. When in doubt, reboot!

fisamo
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
My Uniden phone won't reset MWI with the 'reboot' method. I've had to hold the 'find phone' button for a few seconds to clear the MWI indicator.