PDA

View Full Version : Calls go directly to voice mail on some calls

kevm
04-14-2010, 09:33 PM
People have been telling me that their calls have been going directly to voice mail. When I try from my other home phone or my cell phone there are no issues.

jjocsak
04-15-2010, 08:34 AM
I am have the same problem. All the correct ports are forwarded.

Jeff

Russell
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I am have the same problem. All the correct ports are forwarded.

Jeff
I too have seen that on occasion.

fisamo
04-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Have you submitted a ticket about these calls? Last time this was happening, Tim was asking that tickets be submitted so they can track the issue. (I just had the same problem and submitted a ticket today. They're checking into it for me.)

Russell
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Have you submitted a ticket about these calls? Last time this was happening, Tim was asking that tickets be submitted so they can track the issue. (I just had the same problem and submitted a ticket today. They're checking into it for me.)

Can you let us know how it gets resolved? An encouraging report from you MAY encourage me to submit a ticket the next time it happens.

fisamo
04-15-2010, 08:48 PM
I'll make a note of it. I will be away the next few days, so if Brandon posts a fix while I'm gone, I won't be able to follow up on it right away.

mbnb
04-17-2010, 05:12 PM
This was happening to me (along with a few other strange issues) for a month now. I finally got around to opening a ticket this morning and I was given two solutions:

1) try opening this particular range of ports in replacement of these older rules:

- SIP Command Ports 5060-5080 TCP
- RTP Audio/Command Ports 5004-65000 UDP

2) try placing the RT31P2 upstream to your D-Link router to place it in front of your firewall.

I just went with the second recommendation and put the VOIPo router upstream from my main router. The path is now Cable modem ---> RT31P2 ----> DIR-615. I tried a couple of test calls from my cell and so far so good.

rsdiol
04-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I have had the same problem all day (4/17/10). The phone rings but but I cannot hear anyone. The caller is given a "Cannot connect..." message and is directed to leave a voice mail.

I have recyled power on the DSL modem, WRT54G Router and the PAP2T but the problem still exists.

I have opened a ticket with support.

My Location: Southwest Michigan
VOIPO is using the East server

EQUIPMENT
Device: Linksys PAP2T Internal Static IP
ISP: Verizon DSL 7mbps
Router: Linksys WRT54G
Port Range settings:
5060-5080 TCP
5004-65000 UDP
Firewall: OFF

Hawkmeister
04-18-2010, 07:03 AM
I have had the same problem all day (4/17/10). The phone rings but but I cannot hear anyone. The caller is given a "Cannot connect..." message and is directed to leave a voice mail.

I have recyled power on the DSL modem, WRT54G Router and the PAP2T but the problem still exists.

I have opened a ticket with support.

My Location: Southwest Michigan
VOIPO is using the East server

EQUIPMENT
Device: Linksys PAP2T Internal Static IP
ISP: Verizon DSL 7mbps
Router: Linksys WRT54G
Port Range settings:
5060-5080 TCP
5004-65000 UDP
Firewall: OFF

For those with Linksys routers, I'd like to remind some of the newbies of an issue I noted: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1841. Be warry of WHERE you enter the port forwarding values ("Port Forwarding" vs "Port Range Forwarding").

rsdiol
04-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Yes, I am using the Port Range Forwarding section and not the single Port Forwarding.