PDA

View Full Version : Porting number back to Verizon.

jjocsak
04-15-2010, 08:57 AM
I have had so many problems with this service that I want to go Back to Verizon.

I put in many tickets about different issues and they get resolved and others just pop up. All ports are forwarded so that is not it.

Some incoming calls going directly to voicemail.
Other outgoing calls when after dialing, do not ring.
Other various issues as well.

This has been going on intermittently since I had the service and my wife and myself are getting frustrated, so I am probably going back to Verizon.

I guess I just don't have the time to continually open up tickets.

So now that I'm done venting has anyone successfully gone back to Verizon with the same number that was ported originally?

Were there any issues that came up that I should be aware of?

Thanks
Jeff

usa2k
04-15-2010, 09:23 AM
It is best to vote with your wallet. I've no experience leaving VOIPo, but I have left Vonage, Packet8, and BroadvoxDirect. LNP was painful years ago, but I expect this will be a no-brainer.

Are you going to wireless or land line?
Wireless is really gaining ground and may be the defacto one day.
Ironically, by that time it will probably be an IP based service too. :)

The Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) is often a key component.

jjocsak
04-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I want to keep with the land-line and Cellular.

I know many have gone totally Cellular but the voice quality still has much to be desired.

IP seems good for many but is not reliable enough for me.

Jeff

fisamo
04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
The one issue that could potentially frustrate you is that you need to be sure you return the Voipo ATA, no matter how long you've had the service. As always, I recommend that you use a carrier with tracking.

Other than that, porting back should be straightforward--just call the Verizon business office, and ask them to set up a new line, and indicate that you want to port your number in. You can always see if they're offering any win-back promos... :) (Chances are, you won't get any if you don't ask, so nothing ventured nothing gained.)