PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue

jlachowin
04-21-2010, 07:03 AM
Hopefully someone can pin point this issue. A few times a month, my wife will call me from her cell phone to our home number (VOIPo).

She will get a busy signal on her end, but it will ring 2-3 times on my end, and I pick up and get silence. I then hang up the phone and then my phone goes CRAZY. It will ring and ring and ring until I reset the phone adapter.

This happened last night, and is starting to get a little pissed at me.

We have AT&T DSL going into an Asus Router, and a grandstream HT502 phone adapter behind the router.

I have UDP/TCP ports 5004-65000 forwarded to the phone adapter with a static IP assigned to the adapter as well. Do I just need to set those port forwards to UDP?

Any suggestions at all? TIA.
Justin

ctaranto
04-21-2010, 08:22 AM
That's quite odd. I've had voip service for about 5 years with different providers, and that's never happened.

For your port forwarding question, it only needs to be UDP. Try changing that and see if it helps.

jlachowin
04-21-2010, 08:23 AM
I just changed it to UDP, we will see if that works. Unfortunately there is no way to test it.

JimDog
04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Check vPanel and see if there's an entry in your call log for one of the problem calls. If so, click on either the From or To number and it will show you a Call Reference ID. Open a support ticket explaining what's happening and include the Call Reference ID in the ticket. VOIPo engineers can use this number to track how the call was routed through the network. It may be helpful to also include a Call Reference ID for a call that worked without issue so they can compare the two.

energyx
04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
This happened last night, and is starting to get a little pissed at me.

We have AT&T DSL going into an Asus Router, and a grandstream HT502 phone adapter behind the router.

I have UDP/TCP ports 5004-65000 forwarded to the phone adapter with a static IP assigned to the adapter as well. Do I just need to set those port forwards to UDP?

Any suggestions at all? TIA.
Justin

Is her number listed as the failover number? I've seen this a couple times with my wife's mobile phone and have since removed it from the failover and set it to voicemail. One time our home phone kept calling her mobile phone over and over for about 3 minutes. Not sure if it's related, but it might be something to try.

jlachowin
04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I actually had failover enabled but nothing in the number field, I set it to voicemail instead and I will see what happens.

VOIPoLucas
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Justin,

Can you send me a message with the call ID of the call this issue happened on? You can get this from the Call History page in your VPanel.

Thanks.

jlachowin
04-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the help and advice so far! Lucas, I just sent you a PM!

VOIPoLucas
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Justin,

From what we can tell, nothing looks abnormal with the call ID you sent me. You said this issue happens a few times a month - if you can pinpoint another call in your history that it happened on, can you send me that call ID as well?