PDA

View Full Version : How to set Grandstream as pass-through?

jlachowin
04-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm having issues with my grandstream HT502 where I get a busy signal, dead silence or messages saying "this caller is unavailable".

I have the correct UDP ports forwarded in my router, but have been wanting to put the grandstream in front of my router.

I want to keep my firewall settings on my router, but just want to make the grandstream a pass-through or bridge? Anyone have this setup?

Any help is appreciated!

Justin

jlachowin
04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
To furthur explain this, I want my router to do the PPPoE for my DSL as well as be the DHCP server.

JimDog
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM
If I understand what you're saying, you want to do this:

DSL modem <--> Grandstream (bridge mode) <--> Router (PPPoE & DHCP)The Grandstream won't be able to access the Internet in that fashion because the PPPoE is happening on the router (behind it). Since you have to use PPPoE, I believe your only option for putting the Grandstream ahead of your router would be to configure it for PPPoE instead of your router and leave it it routed mode. Then your public DSL IP address would be on the Grandstream and you would use a private subnet (192.168.x.x) between the Grandstream and your router with a different private subnet behind the router.

Basically something like this:

DSL modem <-----------> Grandstream <-----------> Router
PPPoE No PPPoE
Public IP on WAN side Private IP from Grandstream LAN on WAN
Private IP on LAN side Separate private IP on LAN side

burris
04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I would opt for putting the GS behind the router, being sure to use the WAN port out of the GS.
Then let the Router do the PPPoE and also good idea to set a static IP for the GS.
If nothing else is lurking, this might do away with all your problems.

I haven't found any ATA or ISP modem that does PPPoE too well.