PDA

View Full Version : Phone Trouble

rschoey
05-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Anyone else having issues with their phone service today? I have no service. It is going straight to voicemail when I call in and I can't call out.

VOIPoTim
05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
No system issues and support is very quiet. Open a ticket and you should get a very fast response since support is essentially dead.

Roxor+2009
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes - I can confirm that I have had the same issue all day. No inbound phone calls ring my phone, they go straight to voice mail. In addition, my outbound calls drop at random intervals. As if to prove a point, my call to support to explain the situation was itself dropped.

This after many months of no-issue service. I have an open ticket and am resorting to moving around hardware to try to isolate the issue. Pretty sure my side of the network has not changed. Given this is the third note I've read about issues today, I don't know that the same can be said for elsewhere in the cloud.

rschoey
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
No system issues and support is very quiet. Open a ticket and you should get a very fast response since support is essentially dead.

I logged a ticket at 5:57pm but no one has looked at it yet. I hate it when the phone is down.

stevech
05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm having trouble too. Am able to dial out, but DTMF for my employer's voice mail (a big professional system) just won't work. Zero successes in about 8 attempts. DTMFs by hand, slowly and stored in speed dial in phone (which had been working OK - it's not super fast digits).

Three times, I dialed this voice mail - voice mail's auto-attendant responded, dialed #xxxxx#, my 6 digit extension and the required pound signs, next, I'm supposed to hear "enter password". Instead I hear music on hold for a couple of seconds then a fast busy. Happened more than once.

Confirmed my employer's voice mail is working OK by using my POTS landline.

IVR Had been OK since I filed a ticket and they changed something.

Dialed VoIPo's voice mail. Tried a couple of digits. Seemed OK as a quick test.

Maybe they reconfig'd my ATA or account and dropped the prior config change.

caseydoug
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
For what it's worth, I've been having problems since late last week. First it was one-way audio, then calls dropping as soon as I answer (all the problems are with inbound calls). All requisite ports are forwarded, and I haven't changed anything lately.

Ticket #HRN-434952

energyx
05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I had an incoming call disconnect after answering on Sunday and a call that never rang in at 4:24pm today. My ATA is DMZ'd on DD-WRT. No dial out issues, but definitely some incoming ones.

VOIPoTim
05-04-2010, 03:15 PM
If anyone has issues, the best thing to do is submit tickets so your issues can be looked at by support. We announce all widespread issues in our Announcements forum and there have not been any recently.

Right now there are only 2 open tickets in our main queue and a handful in Tier 0. There's a 0 wait on phone support.

Russell
05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
For what it's worth, I've been having problems since late last week. First it was one-way audio, then calls dropping as soon as I answer (all the problems are with inbound calls). All requisite ports are forwarded, and I haven't changed anything lately.

Ticket #HRN-434952

Glad I'm not the only one who experienced that! It was just one call - unfortunately, it was the wife. Ask the caller on those dropped calls if you can - see if they say it went to voicemail. I'm curious.

stevech
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM
My problem, #5 in this list, was quickly responded to by support's ticket system. The instruction to me was "reboot the ATA". I did. Problem gone.
Did the ATA forget the settings they put in place on the prior ticket for the same problem?
Why do *I* have to reboot the ATA? Can't they? I want the service to be transparent to people in this house. Me the geek is often not here, and reboot-the-ATA by on line support desk login is not viable for others in the family.

But thanks, VoIPo, for the rapid attention from support.

energyx
05-05-2010, 10:36 AM
My problem, #5 in this list, was quickly responded to by support's ticket system. The instruction to me was "reboot the ATA". I did. Problem gone.
Did the ATA forget the settings they put in place on the prior ticket for the same problem?
Why do *I* have to reboot the ATA? Can't they? I want the service to be transparent to people in this house. Me the geek is often not here, and reboot-the-ATA by on line support desk login is not viable for others in the family.

But thanks, VoIPo, for the rapid attention from support.

I'm in the same boat. I've tried the ATA in front of my router, behind my router, the problems resurface after a day or two. Support resorted to blaming a few 140ms pings during peak times as the problem. I am in networking/servers for a living and a 140ms ping time should not result in a call being dropped when answered, or not even ring at times.

My last resort is trying DD-WRT, as many have had luck with here. I just tried to call home and it never rang on my end, then went busy. My wife called back saying she answered, but got fast busy. I just disabled the SPI firewall as my last resort. The ATA is DMZ'd. As much as I'd hate to lose our phone number of 10+ years, I may have to resort to Time Warner for phone service.

edit: I forgot to add that this all started when I got a replacement ATA (HT-502) back in March. The Linksys RT3P2 just hummed along with little issue.

voipinit
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Are you forwarding the proper ports on your router? If your router has an UPnP option, enable it, although DD-WRT may help your situation.

energyx
05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Are you forwarding the proper ports on your router? If your router has an UPnP option, enable it, although DD-WRT may help your situation.

The ATA is in the DMZ, so all ports are forwarded to it that aren't already assigned. My main point was that going from Linksys to Grandstream should not require all this changing and troubleshooting.

Xponder1
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
For the record my ATA was just sitting here with the phone lights out. Reboot seems to have resolved.

VOIPoTim
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
For the record my ATA was just sitting here with the phone lights out. Reboot seems to have resolved.

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=2397

Xponder1
05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks Tim

Xponder1
05-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I no more than hit Enter on the previous message and noticed the lights are out again

eagle 1
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
My service is also down, both accounts with both ATA's and BYOD device. Have opened ticket at about 12:pm est today (ticket #HUR-511483). Support has responded by having me reboot the ata's, then changed my provisioning (changed by ata to point to east01 instead of central01, they also used the IP address instead of the name.. All internet and other providers are working ok. Can ping and tracert to both servers. see registration request, then contact to hermes.voipwelcome, then the request seems to time-out...wife is pissed at me as usual for phone calls she has missed...The fail over is working and going to my cell though.

VOIPoTim
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
My service is also down, both accounts with both ATA's and BYOD device. Have opened ticket at about 12:pm est today (ticket #HUR-511483). Support has responded by having me reboot the ata's, then changed my provisioning (changed by ata to point to east01 instead of central01, they also used the IP address instead of the name.. All internet and other providers are working ok. Can ping and tracert to both servers. see registration request, then contact to hermes.voipwelcome, then the request seems to time-out...wife is pissed at me as usual for phone calls she has missed...The fail over is working and going to my cell though.

I had someone check your ticket a few minutes ago and they said our logs are showing that the traffic isn't getting back into your network and they think it's network related.

I will have someone contact you about it, but they said the logs are definitely showing that it's not making it through so if you want to check any network/firewall settings, you may be able to resolve it on your own.

tritch
05-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Ticket #HRN-434952

Glad I'm not the only one who experienced that! It was just one call - unfortunately, it was the wife. Ask the caller on those dropped calls if you can - see if they say it went to voicemail. I'm curious.

Caseydoug or Russell,

Have either of you had these types of problems lately? If not, what was the fix?

I randomly started having this issue about 4 weeks ago on inbound calls only. It seems to be happening only on inbound Voipo to Voipo calls for me. The caller goes straight to voicemail, but my phones ring anyway (dead air when answered). I've had no issues for over a year until lately. All required ports are forwarded. Thanks

Russell
05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Caseydoug or Russell,

Have either of you had these types of problems lately? If not, what was the fix?

I randomly started having this issue about 4 weeks ago on inbound calls only. It seems to be happening only on inbound Voipo to Voipo calls for me. The caller goes straight to voicemail, but my phones ring anyway (dead air when answered). I've had no issues for over a year until lately. All required ports are forwarded. Thanks
I ended reluctantly forwarding ports (never had to do with the same hardware and other providers - hence reluctantly). Every once in a while I'll have a unanswerable call, but this is VERY occasional. But I don't believe I have any VOIPo to VOIPo calls, which is where you say you're experiencing issues.

tritch
05-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks. Were you connected to Dallas when this happened? If so, are you still connected to Central (Dallas) or East (DC)? The problem started right after they had problems at Dallas a few weeks ago. I'm a BYOD user and will consider connecting to the DC or LAX SIP servers just to see if the problem goes away even if it means increased latency.