PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Voicemail?

TFlap
05-13-2010, 05:11 PM
This is odd, and it hasn't happened enough to figure out where the problem is, but I thought I would throw it out here to see if anyone else has run into this. I did a few searches, and nothing similar to this showed up.

Anyway, a couple of times (two times total) my wife and I have called our home (VoIPO#) from our cell phone, and it has gone to someone else's voicemail! I have made sure the number was correct, on both instances, and it was, so I'm not sure why this would be happening.

Now, the other party has never answered, so I'm not sure if it is actually ringing at their end, or just going to their voicemail. Either way, it doesn't seem to ring at our number either, so I'm not sure what is happening.

It has only happened twice, but both in the last two days.

Anyway, has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: It does seem like the calls show up in history, but do not ring our phones. Not entirely sure, but I think so. My wife just called our house 3 times, but only 2 actually rang. The first time it went to the "other" voicemail (not ours).

caseydoug
05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
It's never happened to me. But if it's something you can reproduce (even one out of three tries), it's definitely something support can help you with.

VOIPoBrandon
05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
If you could shoot me a private message with your account username / phone number -- I would be more than happy to take a look into this for you, thanks!
________
Vaporizer Affiliate Programs (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)

TFlap
05-15-2010, 09:41 AM
PM sent--thanks!

lagunajon
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I had the same thing happen a few days ago. Called my home number while out from my cell phone to check messages and received someone else's voicemail. Called again and received the correct voicemail. Checked the call history on my cell phone and verified that both times I had dialed the same number. What gives?

rx100
06-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I had the same problem way back in january 2010 (ticket # TSB-473665) and finally it was closed after 3 months.

uhf
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't know of that happening, but I'm having calls come in, the phone rings, I pick up and there's dead air. But tonight one of those calls ended up in voicemail. Who knows if it's happened before, it was a friend calling tonight so he left a message, otherwise I'd never have realized what happened. It's probably happened before but the person didn't leave a voice mail so I never knew.

Russell
06-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't know of that happening, but I'm having calls come in, the phone rings, I pick up and there's dead air. But tonight one of those calls ended up in voicemail. Who knows if it's happened before, it was a friend calling tonight so he left a message, otherwise I'd never have realized what happened. It's probably happened before but the person didn't leave a voice mail so I never knew.

Yep, happened to me the day VOIPo had issues (recent past). And, yes all the right ports are forwarded.

TFlap
06-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm the OP, and this hasn't happened since my original post. Must have been a fluke.

If anyone has any additional info, let us all know.

Thanks.

ctaranto
06-21-2010, 06:52 AM
We got the wrong voicemail yesterday. My in-laws called in the afternoon, but the voicemail associated with that was from someone speaking Arabic.

dtread
06-21-2010, 08:13 PM
im having the same problem, had it for several weeks now. Also had an arabic speaking vm. Now it immediately says "bye" but its cut off like its saying "good bye".. ill submit a ticket.

uhf
06-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I find it odd that Voipo doesn't seem to want to comment on this. It's a MAJOR issue as far as I'm concerned. I don't need some random customer getting my voicemails.

TFlap
07-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Has anyone gotten any information/additional details regarding why this might be happening?

It has only happened to me once, but I'm also curious if any voicemails intended for me are going to someone else's voicemail.

I sent the details of the calls that were affected by this to VOIPoBrandon, but never heard anything back.

Anyone out there at Voipo have any information at all?!

Thanks

VOIPoBrandon
07-19-2010, 08:33 AM
My apologies. It looks like I overlooked the PM - sent you a reply, look forward to hearing back from you, thanks!
________
Lesbian asian (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/721/asian/videos/1)