PDA

View Full Version : International call problems

qzhaosj2
05-21-2010, 06:42 AM
I have been experiencing serious problem with international calls to China, not just one number, but all numbers (3-4 numbers) to China I call.

Very often, I hear from China side voice intermittent, but this is only a minor problem. The major problem is that when I call China, China side hears call from US side but when they pick up the phone they cannot hear anything from US side. I connected VOIPO customer and they did some routing change and things sometimes get a little better for a while and the problem comes back again!

I also get a lot of 1-minute charges due to all the failed calls!

This problem has been going on for months and cannot been solved! It is extremely frustrating! If this problem keeps going on, I want my money back!

I signed up for VOIPO service because of all the good words from this forum. It worked ok at the beginning, but very soon gets very bad! I urge anyone who wants to sign up for VOIPO thinks twice before doing so.

VOIPoTim
05-21-2010, 06:52 AM
VOIPo focuses on the US market and less than 1/2 of 1% of our customers have ever made an international call, so international calling is not our strongest point and not really something we have a lot of experience with yet.

When a customer places an international call, VOIPo has to send the call to an international carrier to complete. So the calls are going over the internet overseas

International call quality on VoIP is usually good, but since it relies on the internet much more and there are thousands of international carriers involved, the quality will vary and there are more points of failure.

As outlined in our State of the Union, we are working on adding more international carriers and lowering international pricing. This will give us more flexibility in finding a carrier to complete a call you've had

We expect this lower international pricing will attract more customers that place international calls and it will become a larger part of our service. As more customers are making international calls and reporting issues, we'll be able to more easily identify problem routes where there are issues connecting certain destinations through certain carriers.

When we first launched, it took a while to get our US routing optimized to make sure call quality in the US was great. By using the info from customer reported issues, we were able to optimize those routes to remove problem areas and carriers from the mix. As our international volume increases, we'll be able to do that with international calling now as well.

When you have an international calling issue, it's important to report it so that we know. These are not issues we can simply correct on our end so it's not a matter of us finding a problem and fixing it. The solution is almost always going to be to work with the international carrier delivering the call or routing the call through a different provider to bypass them if there are continuous issues.

If you don't already have a ticket open with the destination numbers/times you had issues with, please report them to support@voipo.com and we'll be able to re-route your calls and go from there.