PDA

View Full Version : Multiple account/E911 problems

frankd1
05-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Is anyone with multiple accounts/ATAs in the same house encountering problems with their E911 config? We've had two accounts for about a year with no problem. Then a couple weeks ago, one of the accounts started prompting for E911 info. Whenever we try to enter the info (which is the same address as the first account) the system kicks back the address as invalid.

I submitted a ticket on the problem almost two weeks ago. Evidently VOIPO's E911 provider must have made some system changes (like I previously mentioned, the two accounts w/ same address worked for a year), and the E911 provider seems to be the only one who can override or manually fix the problem. Meanwhile, we have a line with no E911 capabilities, and from talking to a VOIPo tech yesterday, there seems to be no way to twist the E911 provider's arm and get this resolved.

I know it seems easy to simply say use the first line only if a 911 situation comes up, but in an emergency, we shouldn't have to be worrying about remembering which line to use. And especially with DECT multi-handset systems (like we have), the handsets tend to migrate on their own, falling between cushions, under furniture, etc. We should be able to grab whatever phone is handy, and know we're covered.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?