PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID - mark as Private except to those you allow?

patrickinstardom
06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Is there any way to have your caller ID information pass through to only certain people, and to the rest have it be marked as Private?

Thanks!

Patrick

Russell
06-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Is there any way to have your caller ID information pass through to only certain people, and to the rest have it be marked as Private?

Thanks!

Patrick
Can this be done manually (with VOIPo) with the appropriate *xx prefix - would that meet your needs?

VOIPoCody
06-06-2010, 03:06 PM
It is possible to accomplish this task with * codes. To Block Caller Id initiate *30 to block ID for all calls. Then when you are ready to place a call that you would like to have Caller Id shown, hit *68 then the number you wish to dial to unblock for that one call (i.e. *68 555-555-5555).

Here is a complete star code list:

Star (*) codes:
*20 - Call Forwarding (Include Destination Number)
Example: *205551113333

*21 - Disable Call Forwarding

*22 - Do Not Disturb - Send to Busy

*23 - Do Not Disturb - Send to Voicemail

*24 - Disable Do Not Disturb

*25 - Set Failover Number (Include Destination Number)
Example: *255551113333

*26 - Set Failover to Voicemail

*27 - Blacklist Last Caller

*67 - Block Caller ID (For Next Call Only)

*30 - Block Caller ID (For All Calls)

*68 - Unblock Caller ID (For One Call)

*31 - Unblock Caller ID (For All Calls)

patrickinstardom
06-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for your responses with the codes too. But it'd be a nice feature to be able to mark per number.

Eg. All calls are Private except for the numbers specified by me.

I don't know if a rule like this can be made; but it'd be a nice feature to have.

uhf
06-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Maybe it could be done using call routes?

usa2k
06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Perhaps a new Group option for the contacts page?

patrickinstardom
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I tried the Call Routing and made some discoveries. I had to not have my number marked as private (my voipo) to get this part to work.

But I noticed, out of the options, there's not one that just blocks caller ID info. I tried Blacklist and it just gives a "call cannot be completed as dialed" error.

The other options are forward, send to voicemail, busy signal, whitelist; terminology varies depending on whether you're controlling outbound calls or inbound calls.

So, there doesn't appear to be a way to not send voicemail info. to those people who have private numbers.

Unless I've missed something of course.

usa2k
06-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Sorry, I attempting to suggest (to VOIPo) a yet unavailable feature.

uhf
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
You should be able to setup an outbound call route for each number you wanted to send as unblocked.

patrickinstardom
06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, the customization doesn't seem to work when you select your number to be marked as "Private." Thus, the unblocking by number or contact doesn't seem to work.

There is no mark as private for numbers you wish to hide caller ID from; blacklist - but that prevents them from calling at all.