PDA

View Full Version : 800 number calls last 30 seconds.

man
06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Anyone else with a BYOD having issues staying connected longer than 30 seconds to 800 or 866 toll numbers?

Brandon in Support identified that that it's an ACK issue and those on BYOD do not get support. I've had other support reps do route treatment in the past but would like to get this resolved.

I have no issues getting calls, making calls to any number other than 800 numbers. My message indicator light also works on my Polycom IP phone.

Thanks in advanced and hoping someone else ran into the same issue and resolved.

tritch
06-08-2010, 06:23 PM
No problems here. I called Directv's 800 number last night and was on the phone for over 20 minutes. I rarely call toll free numbers but haven't noticed any issues before. Since you are BYOD and support indicated the problem was not on their end, unfortunately you are left on your own to resolve the problem with your ATA/softphone.

You can take a look at this thread: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1182

It has PAP2T screenshots of the admin config of this ATA. They're from a year ago, but will help you with the basic config info.

If you are using a Linksys SPA2102, I can send you some screenshots of my ATA's admin configuration if this would help.

man
06-09-2010, 05:07 PM
No problems here. I called Directv's 800 number last night and was on the phone for over 20 minutes. I rarely call toll free numbers but haven't noticed any issues before. Since you are BYOD and support indicated the problem was not on their end, unfortunately you are left on your own to resolve the problem with your ATA/softphone.

You can take a look at this thread: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1182

It has PAP2T screenshots of the admin config of this ATA. They're from a year ago, but will help you with the basic config info.

If you are using a Linksys SPA2102, I can send you some screenshots of my ATA's admin configuration if this would help.

Interesting URL, there's a listing of a STUN Server zeus.voipwelcome.com

I thought voipo doesnt use one. The stun server still pings back so it's alive today.

Last night, I was able to make a few calls to 800 numbers.
As much as I enjoy calling the same number twice using another line, I need to figure out the issue.

Are you using the BYOD server? From your post, I take it you are on not?

m

tritch
06-10-2010, 03:17 AM
You are correct, I'm not using the BYOD server. I'm using their primary SIP server in Dallas (sip-central01.voipwelcome.com). There are a few users around including myself who were given their primary SIP credentials before Voipo stopped supporting BYOD. Unfortunately, you are stuck using the BYOD server since they no longer give out primary SIP credentials.

As Tim stated in the thread below, I don't believe STUN is needed for most users, but it never hurts to try. I'm not using it myself and don't seem to have any NAT related issues.

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1417&highlight=stun

A quick Google search indicates calls dropping after 30 seconds with ACK issues is likely due to NAT problems or a firewall blocking ports. I'm not sure of your network topology, but I'd try STUN first, if that doesn't work you might want to try bridging your DSL or cable modem and let the router directly handle DHCP or PPPOE. This will ensure a single NAT to your BYOD and should eliminate any firewall blocking in the modem. In your router, you might want to forward UDP ports 5000-65000 to your BYOD's IP address.

man
06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
You are correct, I'm not using the BYOD server. I'm using their primary SIP server in Dallas (sip-central01.voipwelcome.com). There are a few users around including myself who were given their primary SIP credentials before Voipo stopped supporting BYOD. Unfortunately, you are stuck using the BYOD server since they no longer give out primary SIP credentials.

As Tim stated in the thread below, I don't believe STUN is needed for most users, but it never hurts to try. I'm not using it myself and don't seem to have any NAT related issues.

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=1417&highlight=stun

A quick Google search indicates calls dropping after 30 seconds with ACK issues is likely due to NAT problems or a firewall blocking ports. I'm not sure of your network topology, but I'd try STUN first, if that doesn't work you might want to try bridging your DSL or cable modem and let the router directly handle DHCP or PPPOE. This will ensure a single NAT to your BYOD and should eliminate any firewall blocking in the modem. In your router, you might want to forward UDP ports 5000-65000 to your BYOD's IP address.

Lucky you. Not all of the features work on the BYOD server like the Simu-Ring I'm told and found.

As of this minute, my phone is not registered so I can only make outgoing calls. It looks like the BYOD server may not accept the failover number I have in my panel, i'm getting a message that says The Number or Code you dialed is incorrect, please check your number or code and try again. Message 7-286
I'll wait a bit to see if it resolves it self before I file a ticket.
I have 3 other SIP lines that's registered on the same phone, same router, same network. To answer your question, I do have port fwd set.

As for the 800 number issue, it's been just fine so far.

(wanted to note, not being registered is probably my fault for playing with SIP DROID app which re-registered it self one too many times)