PDA

View Full Version : Youmail Dropbox compatibility?

frankd1
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Is there any chance (or even any interest by others) of getting the Youmail dropbox feature to work w/ VOIPo? For those not familiar, this is NOT to replace the VOIPo VM with Youmail. Rather, it's an "enhanced" method of notification of a new VOIPo VM, via the Youmail mobile app. Instead of sending an email notification to your regular email, one enters a youmail dropbox email address, and the notification gets sent there. So if you're out of the house, the youmail app has the VOIPo VM downloaded and ready to listen to from within the Youmail app, eliminating the need to dial into the system remotely, or to download the attachment if you're getting conventional email notifications.

If I'm understanding it correctly (and assuming Youmail isn't trying any kinds of artificial barrier to squeeze some bucks out of VOIPo), the email notifications sent out by the VOIPo system would need some minor (hopefully) reformatting. It's not that the VOIPo-to-dropbox relay isn't working now... it's just that the callerID name and number info isn't in the format Youmail likes, so that info isn't visibile in the app.

VOIPoTim
06-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Go ahead and e-mail the formatting info they are looking for to support@voipo.com and we'll take a look. If it's a simple change that won't affect anything else like it sounds like it is, we can do it.

frankd1
06-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Go ahead and e-mail the formatting info they are looking for to support@voipo.com and we'll take a look. If it's a simple change that won't affect anything else like it sounds like it is, we can do it.

Thanks Tim! I have two emails into Youmail support, and the first level support that's responding to the emails doesn't seem to have much of a clue. The last note, he said he'd forward it to their developers, so I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.