PDA

View Full Version : Can We Request Numbers In One Area or Not?

timreichhart
06-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey Tim
I just wanted to know if we are able to request numbers in one area if there is a rate center or how do you go about this?

usa2k
06-25-2010, 01:02 AM
https://cp.voipwelcome.com/phone_numbers

There is order phone number for private inventory option.
If you can't find a certain area code, email reseller@voipo.com and ask.

At least that is what I would do.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I have been talking to tim and he was telling me if there is no numbers in your area they are not going to service you which I think that is BS. I never had any problems with vonage porting my number from att wireless to there service they didn't even offer a rate center in my area and they was still able to get my number to vonage. So I think voipo better re-think there reseller program if they want to launch it because now I have worthless reseller account that I cant use in my area.

So far I am not liking this reseller program due to port piss support from voipo and giving me bs that they cant get new numbers for me or I cant port in numbers.

Personally I think voipo needs to rethink there reseller program if they want to launch this.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 04:48 PM
As I said in the e-mail, our coverage areas are listed here: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

If we do not offer coverage in an area, we are not able to issue new numbers or port numbers in that area.

We have over 500,000 numbers available in over 7,000 areas, but we do not cover all areas. Some areas are not covered due to being a "high cost" area and some we do not have carrier partners in. What other companies cover (such as Vonage) is not relevant since all companies set their own coverage areas.

As I said in the ticket, we're happy to issue a refund if you need coverage in areas that we do not cover so that you can find an alternative company to work with.

I understand that you're frustrated, but I don't know what kind of better answer I can give you. If we don't cover an area, we just don't. There's nothing we can really do to change that.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 04:53 PM
you know what is sad about this reseller plan I can go with this company http://www.xilabroadband.com/voip_reseller_program/#didspot at least they can service my area unlike voipo can.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 04:58 PM
you know what is sad about this reseller plan I can go with this company http://www.xilabroadband.com/voip_reseller_program/#didspot at least they can service my area unlike voipo can.

Glad to hear that you've found a solution that works for you.

If this is the route you want to go, just reply to our ticket confirming and we'll get a refund issued and the cancellation processed for the VOIPo reseller account.

We hate to lose a customer, but all companies set their own coverage areas and if we just don't cover the areas you want, there's not much we can do.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 05:00 PM
know what I am going to keep my reseller account and I am going to try to port in a number to see if it works then I will change my thoughts about this reseller program if the porting works.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 05:01 PM
know what I am going to keep my reseller account and I am going to try to port in a number to see if it works then I will change my thoughts about this reseller program.

No need to do that. If the area is not listed on the site as covered, we won't port numbers in that area. It definitely won't go through. Sorry.

If the other program you mentioned has coverage in that area, why not just go ahead and move there? It sounds like it may suit your needs better since it has coverage in your area.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 05:06 PM
well it doesn't make any since my residential number transferred over to my reseller account now tell me how that was even possible.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 05:08 PM
well it doesn't make any since my residential number transferred over to my reseller account now tell me how that was even possible.

The residential service and reseller service have different coverage areas.

Residential Coverage: http://www.voipo.com/residential.shtml

Reseller Coverage: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

Since we charge more for the residential service, we're able to offer coverage in more areas for it.

Since the reseller program is all per minute based, we do not offer coverage for it in high-cost areas where the wholesale pricing is too high to be profitable. There's nothing else to absorb the cost, whereas with the residential program, it's planned based so the high cost areas just get averaged out.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 05:10 PM
please tell me how my residential number was transferred over to my reseller account that is what I want to know.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 05:12 PM
please tell me how my residential number was transferred over to my reseller account that is what I want to know.

Based on your account history, you orders a residential account. We later "moved" it to the reseller account.

The number was never ordered or ported directly within the reseller account.

Residential Coverage: http://www.voipo.com/residential.shtml

Reseller Coverage: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

Again, we do not provide reseller services in the ratecenter you're looking for. If you need to offer service there, you will need to find an alternate carrier. We've offered a refund since we don't offer coverage in the areas you need.

eatld
06-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Look Bud,

Any new start up program has it kinks in the system and this is just another kink, I am sure that in the near future the voipo reseller program will allow us to port in our own numbers from didx etc. as we are in charge of our own plan making so if we want to charge more to cover our numbers then i dont think that will be a problem.

Secondly, say that you are a big reseller and you have 5000, 10000, 50000 or more numbers and boxes under management, by that time i think more carriers will open up their doors and offer voipo more numbers at better rates.

Anyway's I have been waiting since hostgator.com announced this program and had an newsletter signup for it a few years ago and i am here to tell you that i am full speed ahead for the program.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
good luck on getting screwed over like I did.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Look Bud,

Any new start up program has it kinks in the system and this is just another kink, I am sure that in the near future the voipo reseller program will allow us to port in our own numbers from didx etc. as we are in charge of our own plan making so if we want to charge more to cover our numbers then i dont think that will be a problem.

We can actually already port in numbers as long as they're in one of the coverage areas listed here: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

You can submit them when creating a new account. It's $5 and takes about 2 weeks.

eatld
06-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Tim good luck with the other solution provider.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
like I said I am going to test this out if it doesnt work then I will figure this out.

eatld
06-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Charlottesville, VA and New Orleans LA was not on the coverage list which is 434 and 504

But i found out that Lynchburg, VA had 434 and Avondale, LA had 504

The same area codes so that is how i worked that out with my customers even though i picked different areas to them it is still local and they will never know.

Hope this helps anyone.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Charlottesville, VA and New Orleans LA was not on the coverage list which is 434 and 504

But i found out that Lynchburg, VA had 434 and Avondale, LA had 504

The same area codes so that is how i worked that out with my customers even though i picked different areas to them it is still local and they will never know.

Hope this helps anyone.

As far as the area codes, we can still port in other area codes. The thing that matters is the city is covered.

It's just larger areas where they have multiple area codes..the blocks of numbers we have to issue new may be in one area code, but not all.

As long as coverage for city, any number in it is portable.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 05:41 PM
alright tim can you check for me whats going to be local to celina in the 419/567 area code.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 07:02 PM
alright if the 419/567 area codes is in Toledo area but the rate centers are in celina is that still out of the reseller program?

fisamo
06-25-2010, 07:21 PM
alright tim can you check for me whats going to be local to celina in the 419/567 area code.

Here's a great resource for you to check on 'local' calls...

http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_exch.php?exch=140170

(The above URL is specific to Celina, OH.)

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
I would like to know what tier names in your reseller profile there tim so I can check view things on my side because I have been using tnid.org to see currently owns the phone number. because the toldeo number blocks of 419-318 which is owned by: Bandwidth.com CLEC LLC which is in: Telephone Company Equipment Location Code: TOLDOHIRCMD. I guess if I ported numbers in of LATA of 326 TOLEDO OH area I should not have any problems port numbers in.

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 09:10 PM
I would like to know what tier names in your reseller profile there tim so I can check view things on my side because I have been using tnid.org to see currently owns the phone number. because the toldeo number blocks of 419-318 which is owned by: Bandwidth.com CLEC LLC which is in: Telephone Company Equipment Location Code: TOLDOHIRCMD. I guess if I ported numbers in of LATA of 326 TOLEDO OH area I should not have any problems port numbers in.

Our complete coverage list for reseller is located here: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

It's a city is not on that list, then we do not provide coverage in that area for reseller. There's no way around that.

This not a technical issue. There are absolutely companies that provide coverage in that area which you're pointing out. Those companies having coverage there have nothing to do with whether VOIPo chooses to offer service in a given area or not.

As I've said, our residential coverage and reseller coverage are not the same. High cost areas such as the one you are mentioning are not included in the reseller coverage and have never been listed in the coverage checker.

Bandwidth.com CLEC is one of our carrier partners and they do have coverage there like you have pointed out. If you'd like to work directly with them, they will be able to service your needs there.

I'm not sure what else to say. This is not a technical issue of whether or not we could provide service in that area. It's a matter of us choosing not to provide reseller coverage in an area that would not be profitable for us because the wholesale costs for that ratecenter are high.

Our coverage has not changed, so this is not something we've offered in the past and taken it away. The reseller coverage table has been unchanged since the beginning of the pre-launch.

All companies choose their own coverage areas and business model. VOIPo does not provide reseller service in Tier 3 areas.

You've pointed out that another VoIP reseller solution offers coverage there. Their pricing is a lot different than VOIPo pricing. From their site, they claim "Unlimited US/Canada VoIP Calling with a DID included as low as $14.96 as early as Tier 3". There is also a setup fee for each account equivalent to the monthly payment and a cancellation fee of $5. Their pricing structure is what allows them to offer service in some of the higher cost areas.

Our goal is to provide the lowest possible pricing and cover Tier 1 & 2 areas. We do not cover Tier 3 areas and this allows us to have lower pricing overall.

Again, our complete coverage list for reseller is located here: http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

If it's not listed there, then VOIPo is not offering it for the reseller program.

I understand that you want to make it work and really appreciate that you want to use our services, but we if we don't offer coverage in the area you need, I'm just not sure that our solution will meet your needs. You will need to find a solution that does cover that area in order to provide service there.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 10:18 PM
now is bandwidth.com is what tier that I may ask and also what is your other provider?

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 10:21 PM
now is bandwidth.com is what tier that I may ask.

We work with over a dozen CLECs. All CLECs have multiple tiers. Bandwidth.com has tiers 0-3. Each ratecenter is a different tier and a different wholesale price.

We do not provide service in the area you are looking for. For coverage information, you'll need to refer to http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml as it's the complete list regardless of tier.

If a city is not on the list, VOIPo does not offer it even if other companies do. There is no way around this regardless of tier or underlying CLEC unless you deal directly with the CLECs.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 10:24 PM
but can I still try to port in a number if that is even possible?

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 10:28 PM
but can I still try to port in a number if that is even possible?

No....that's what I've been saying. We don't provide coverage there in the reseller program.

Whether a number is newly assigned or ported, it costs us the same to provide it there. We do not provide reseller services in Tier 3 areas since it would not be profitable for us to do so.

If a city is not on the list I've linked, we do not provide service there in the reseller program whether ported or new.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 10:40 PM
are you guys going to be adding more coverage areas?

VOIPoTim
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
are you guys going to be adding more coverage areas?

We're always adding coverage, but it's not likely that a Tier change would happen. Rural areas are hard to be profitable in.

timreichhart
06-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Well I am sorry if you only target larger citys which I dont think that is right but anywho. I would really like to see coverage in my area.

timwidmer
06-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Plenty of numbers in my area, and I live in BFE