PDA

View Full Version : Call Routes - Feature Request

usa2k
06-25-2010, 09:20 AM
In Call History (https://secure.voipo.com/call_log) , I can click on a number and set a routing rule.
In Call Routing (https://secure.voipo.com/features/call_routes), I can see the newly added route.

If I apply a new rule to a Call History number, I see it replaces the old rule.

If I want to do the same thing from Call Routing, I need to delete, and recreate the rule including retyping the number.

It seems that if the Call History interface could be used on Call Routing, it would add a greater level of user friendliness because you can change the rule without deleting and re-entering the number.

This is especially handy if you want to change many numbers from a VM route to a BUSY route or similar. Numbers that never leave a message seem to eat a minute each time they are received. I expect the BUSY route does not actually eat any time. Thus, the easier it is to set, the less minutes are wasted.

ANOTHER FEATURE:
Perhaps there could be a feature called "Minute Saver"? XX calls to VM that do not leave an XX length message get automatically directed to a busy signal. It could be set by default, but give the user some individual override setting.

This would be especially useful on a Reseller Plan to reduce minutes wasted.

usa2k
06-25-2010, 10:25 AM
An observation. I suspect the send to BUSY leaves no trace of a Call History record.

It would be cool to have rejected call records listed to review.
Is there no "Call Reference ID" generated for calls that are sent to busy and disconnected?
Or do they just not show?

What if someone is claiming they always ring busy,
but its an actual route doing what it is told?

voipinit
06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Calls that are sent to 'disconnected' do show up in call history, and do eat a minute since they are in effect answered.

usa2k
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Maybe they have to answer to do ANY call routing?
(Needing the DID to determine anything?)

So => VM is no worse for these missed unwanted calls.