PDA

View Full Version : Accessing RT31P2

engineercarl
07-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I saw an older thread showing the port to connect to to log in to the configuration page for the RT31P2, but neither ports 80, 8080, or 9999 will allow me in to look at the config. It doesn't respond at all.

Is this something that has to be set via support ticket?

VOIPoJames
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Hey Carl,

The WAN port may not have been opened within your ATA.

You can access the interface from the LAN side of the ATA by going to:

http://192.168.15.1/

(note must be connected to 1 of the 3 ethernet ports of the ATA)

un/pw = admin / voipoadmin or admin / admin

Under the administration tab you can update the password and open the port for remote management.

Cheers,
James

engineercarl
07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you, James.

patoka
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Would the average end user need to do any further configuring?

engineercarl
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Patoka:

I intended to put this device ahead of my router, so I needed to enable DMZ on it and load my Dynamic DNS information into it.

At first blush, if you have a simple (as in his n hers computers, that's all) network, you could easily replace your router with the unit.

Russell
07-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Patoka:

I intended to put this device ahead of my router, so I needed to enable DMZ on it and load my Dynamic DNS information into it.

At first blush, if you have a simple (as in his n hers computers, that's all) network, you could easily replace your router with the unit.

I don't know if mine is an exception or not, but mine appears to reboot on a regular basis. For a small window of time you don't have Internet or phone service. Not sure if it's triggered off from activity from the computer or not. I know this because the RT31P2 is next to my monitor - I go to a web-page to browse and all of a sudden things grind to a halt. Look over to the RT31P2 and it's rebooting - with the phone lines dark. Some seconds later all is well and I can resume web-browsing. Has happened to me multiple times. Once even happened with I tried to access the RT31P2 - which makes me wonder if it's the traffic that causes it to reboot.

patoka
07-10-2010, 11:23 AM
godaddy.com would cause my router (Mikrotik) to lock up intermittently, never figured out what it was but it would happen if I was doing multiple name changes, seemed to be related to their javascript and the time delays in refreshing a page after submitting data. One other site with lots of active server pages would do the same thing. I did a firmware upgrade and that cured the problem.

Back when I used Linksys products I noticed that they did not like to upload data at a steady rate, mine would lock up every time I tried streaming video from a surveillance camera, ended up limiting the camera to 64k even though my ISP let me have 128-256.

I've had voipo about 8 months now and have had to reset my RT 2 or 3 times.

Russell
07-10-2010, 12:01 PM
The problems I describe with my RT31P2 would not be obvious unless you were on the look out of them. The router reboots and so after a few seconds all is well.