PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with Voipo

gavakie
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
So I had voipo for a couple months and it never seemed to work with my ip. Well a family member who had it is working just fine. Come on voipo whats going on?

MisterEd
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Doesn't that tell you that the problem is more than likely on your end since your family member is fine .... maybe your router is a problem or your internet provider has a lousy "connection" between your location and Voipo's servers? Have you contacted tech support for help?

Maybe even providing some more details here might also get you some assistance.

Would you go to your doctor and say "my brother feels good but I don't, what's going on?"

4plus3vette
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I had some issues with the service when I started. I talked to the guys on the 800 number a half a dozen times before one of them finally sent it on two the Tier 2 support.

Once I got in there, they had me update the firmware on my router. That didn't get it fixed, then they made some changes on their end and how their equipment talks to my equipment and I have not had a problem since.

Perhaps the next level of support can help you.

Take care.

VOIPoDanielC
07-13-2010, 08:22 PM
So I had voipo for a couple months and it never seemed to work with my ip. Well a family member who had it is working just fine. Come on voipo whats going on?

Please contact us at support@voipo.com and we'll be sure to try to resolve your issue.

The majority of problems that exist are due to one of the following:
Latency between you and the server
Packet loss
Ports not being opened properly
NAT issues
SIP ALG being enabled (Always disable this, I have yet to come across a router that performs this properly.)
Bandwidth Contention

We can make some setting changes to your device, but it depends on what the problem is. When you email us, be sure to include your telephone number, the issue that you're having, and what type of Internet connection that you have. In addition, if you are having problems at certain times of the day or any other relevant information would be essential in getting a problem resolved.

gavakie
08-09-2010, 10:19 PM
I talked to tech support so many times it wasnt funny, i had to go back to my old phone provider :(. Lost my old number and so on. It was frustrating to have a family member runinng the same internet to have his work with know problems. Tech support never tried to a new router they just blamed it on my ip and my ip blamed it on them.

usa2k
08-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Was your old provider PSTN?

burris
08-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Was your old provider PSTN?

Hmmm! :rolleyes:

gavakie
09-23-2010, 09:43 PM
sorry, pstn?

usa2k
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
PSTN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_switched_telephone_network)= Public Switched Telephone Network (In other words not VoIP)
Others may say POTS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_old_telephone_service) (Plain Old Telephone System)

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER WORDING:
I was just wondering if this was your first Internet Phone experience,
or if you had previous success with another VoIP provider?

gavakie
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
I used Vonage before all of this.

usa2k
09-28-2010, 07:01 PM
So Vonage is working OK? It could be the routing to the Vonage servers is somehow better than VOIPo servers from your location.

VOIPo is good at working with you, and refunding when the service has been unusable. Hope what ever service you end up sticking with is something that will be fuss-free :)

Wishing you the best!

gavakie
10-02-2010, 09:03 AM
They tried and couldnt do anything. its frustrating like i said because someone with the same IP is working fine. I think it was the hardware they sent but they wouldnt try it.

VOIPoTim
10-02-2010, 10:53 PM
They tried and couldnt do anything. its frustrating like i said because someone with the same IP is working fine. I think it was the hardware they sent but they wouldnt try it.

If you want to send me a ticket number, I'm happy to take a look and make sure support has done everything they could to try to resolve your issue.

If support has done everything and exhausted resources in trying to solve it, then it may just be that VOIPo won't work well for you and you may be better suited with another provider.

There are many many variables that will determine how well a particular VoIP service works for someone (their router, ISP, network setup, bandwidth usage, connection between them and VOIPo network, etc).

Unfortunately there are some situations where a particular VoIP provider won't work well for someone and we can't make things work for 100% of people. There will always be a small % of people that have contact issues no matter what adjustments are applied due to one of the variables. The good news is that even if someone is in our small % that has issues, they may not be in the % of another provider since all networks are designed differently.

Again, I don't know if that's the case with you and if you send ticket numbers, I'm happy to look at your support history to see if there's more than can be done or not. You can contact me at tim @ voipo.com with them or your account info and I'll take a look.

gavakie
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Tim serious you guys are awesome this is why I want so desperately to find a way for this to work. I just sent you an email a few minutes ago.

lifespeed
10-24-2010, 01:46 PM
One should keep in mind that with VoIP your home network, router, and internet provider are all part of making internet phone work correctly. Quality Of Service (QOS)configuration and support in the router can ensure good quality even when your internet connection is handling other tasks.

If you have an ancient router, consider buying a modern one and learning how to configure it properly. I just got a Draytek Vigor 2130, and it has made quite a difference.

Good luck!

man
10-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Try putting the Voipo ATA behind your cable modem or your broadband/DSL modem. Many broadband providers do not limit which mac address connects to their modem.

At least this will skip your router and gives your voipo ATA an external IP to determine if it's your router or not.

If you cant call out at all then your broadband provider may have limited the mac address.

If your calls are clean/better then router needs adjustments/config/changes.

If it's the same, then as others mentioned, could be the hops between you and voipo gateway maybe.

Some routers with DMZ aren't really hardware DMZ but software DMZ, so removing the router all together is not always the same as adding a DMZ.

good luck