PDA

View Full Version : Polycom IP 321: Sporadic incoming calls

dz1
07-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm using a Polycom IP 321 and initially was not receiving incoming calls (would go straight to VM as per failover setting) nor VM notifications.

It is now hit or miss--sometimes the calls come through and the phone works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't.

The service seems to work great otherwise using the adapter.

VOIPo support is giving me the HOST, USERNAME, PASSWORD and nothing else. Are there more comprehensive settings available that will resolve this issue? There are many settings in the Polycom config panel, but my knowledge of VOIP is limited.

Any advice is well appreciated.

sr98user
07-30-2010, 01:52 PM
See if your adapter has NAT traversal and Stun setting enabled. If it does, you might have to do the same for your polycom IP phone.

man
09-09-2010, 03:26 AM
I'm using a Polycom IP 321 and initially was not receiving incoming calls (would go straight to VM as per failover setting) nor VM notifications.

It is now hit or miss--sometimes the calls come through and the phone works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't.

The service seems to work great otherwise using the adapter.

VOIPo support is giving me the HOST, USERNAME, PASSWORD and nothing else. Are there more comprehensive settings available that will resolve this issue? There are many settings in the Polycom config panel, but my knowledge of VOIP is limited.

Any advice is well appreciated.

My Polycom has the following for under NETWORK, SIP & LINES
NETWORK - I left this blank including the NAT at the bottom and works fine for me (router port fwds)

SIP - Outbound Proxy is blank, Server 1 & Server 2 is also blank. This allows me to add multiple lines w/ different voip companies in the next section.

LINES - Your username=Display, Address, Auth User ID

I also recall playing with my 'expires' variable in this section, mine is set at 3600
And Line Seize Time Out is 30

If yours has a nat=1 somewhere, consider turning that on like the above poster is suggesting.

There is also a Stun server if needed, STUN Server zeus.voipwelcome.com

hope this helps