PDA

View Full Version : Showing public IP address in Devices tab?

engineercarl
08-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I was thinking on my way to work today that a really useful feature (to me, at least) to add to the Voipo vPanel would be to add one item to the devices tab.

Right now, the IP address given to the ATA is shown in the registration statement on vPanel, but in my case, it's the 192.168.xxx.xxx IP address given by my firewall.

Could code be easily written to compare the IP address of the ATA in the registration statement to the IP address it came from and if different, be shown instead of or alongside the device status?

I apologize if I am not being more clear.

Carl

sr98user
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
For me, the Contact column of the Devices page shows public IP.

I would think you will have SIP/NAT issues if the private IP is in the Contact information.

caseydoug
08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
For me, the Contact column of the Devices page shows public IP.

I would think you will have SIP/NAT issues if the private IP is in the Contact information.

I've seen it both ways on mine, but I can't remember the circumstances for each. Perhaps using STUN gets you the public IP. In any case, mine is now a private IP, and it works fine.

sr98user
08-06-2010, 10:18 AM
SIP server is probably saving the public IP somewhere else. Without the public IP, the SIP server can't contact your ATA for SIP signaling.

engineercarl
08-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I have no problems with making or receiving calls with my ATA behind my router, I am just thinking it would be nice if I could see the public IP Voipo sees via the Device tab.

Carl

VOIPoDanielC
08-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Hello,

This feature request has been completed. The table now shows "Received".

If you are behind a NAT, then Received will be the public IP address and Contact will have the private IP.

If you're not behind a NAT, Received may be empty and Contact be populated with the public IP.

uhf
08-13-2010, 01:55 PM
If both show my public IP, but I AM behind NAT, does that indicate that SIP ALG is enabled on my end? If so, this will make troubleshooting an ongoing problem I'm having way easier. I have a strange router :p

VOIPoDanielC
08-13-2010, 03:24 PM
If both show my public IP, but I AM behind NAT, does that indicate that SIP ALG is enabled on my end? If so, this will make troubleshooting an ongoing problem I'm having way easier. I have a strange router :p

It could show the same for both if STUN is enabled as well.

engineercarl
08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
You guys are great. The Device tab tells me exactly what I need to know if I ever have to go in remotely.

Thank you so much!

Carl

TFlap
08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Hello,

This feature request has been completed. The table now shows "Received".

If you are behind a NAT, then Received will be the public IP address and Contact will have the private IP.

If you're not behind a NAT, Received may be empty and Contact be populated with the public IP.
Cool, thanks!