PDA

View Full Version : Second Voicemail Box

kodiak
08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I have been using Voipo for about eight months now and I've been very happy with the service. Other than a couple of issues in the setup process, which support has been quick to sort out, things have been great.

I have one question about voicemail, however. I do some freelance work and, back when I had POTS service I used the telco's distinctive ring feature to have a separate number for my freelance calls vs. my personal calls. One of the reasons I chose Voipo was because they were one of the only VOIP providers that I could find that featured distinctive ring and separate mailboxes on virtual numbers.

So now I have two voicemail boxes and the freelance callers get a different message than personal callers. My cordless phones have a voicemail indicator that tells us when we have personal messages and my freelance calls are set to go to email so that I know about them.

My question is this: is there any way to access my virtual number's voicemail via my Voipo phone? Sometimes I'll see that I've gotten a message in email (such as when I'm at work) but I'll want to wait until later to listen to it. I can call the virtual number from my cell phone and get to it that way, or I can log into my email or vpanel, but sometimes when I'm not at a computer I'd just like to pick up the home phone and get to it from there. The problem is that when I call the virtual number from my home phone I get a busy signal and dialing 123 only gives me access to my main mailbox. I saw in another thread that there is a Texas number you can call to access voicemail, and when I call that I get the familiar Voipo voice asking for my ID, but she says "good bye" and hangs up after I enter my phone number (main or virtual).

--Jason

usa2k
08-05-2010, 03:28 PM
An excellent question. Its been suggested in the past to use another star code, but I've never heard of that being possible. Not sure there is a good way?

Hopefully you know you can call 832-838-7000 to get to it.

MisterEd
08-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Why don't you turn your virtual number into a free standing line using port 2 on your ATA? That way everything is separate and easy to use. Doesn't cost any more. Only problem is you need a 2 line phone. Even without a 2 line phone you can use some "creative routes" (call forwarding) and never even have to plug a phone into line 2.

Inmemori
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Well, I certainly don't want to give this number to one of my clients... With just a simple internet search of the number and you get this:

[VOIPo] Setting up New Voipo account
832-838-7000 matches what I had from way back in beta. If the number scales, it would also be good to include in emails for new sign-ups.
www.dslreports.com/forum/r22004517-VOIPo-Setting-up-New...
VOIPo:: New customer...Not a good start. - dslreports.com
To access the secondary mailbox for now, dial in to the remote voicemail access number 832-838-7000 and it'll ask for mailbox and password vs just password.
www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r21586903-VOIPo-New...