PDA

View Full Version : Pricing plans

gmt
08-06-2010, 01:07 AM
In a review over at DSL Reports, a customer mentions a "pay as you go" plan:

"Update August 1, 2010

.... Tim of Voipo was very responsive and honest in his assessment of what was best for my needs. After speaking with him on the Voipo Forums (great idea) I have decided to go BYOD and pay as you go, ...."

I'm only seeing monthly and annual plans on the signup page. Where would I sign up for such a plan?

Thanks.

VOIPoTim
08-06-2010, 03:41 AM
In a review over at DSL Reports, a customer mentions a "pay as you go" plan:

"Update August 1, 2010

.... Tim of Voipo was very responsive and honest in his assessment of what was best for my needs. After speaking with him on the Voipo Forums (great idea) I have decided to go BYOD and pay as you go, ...."

I'm only seeing monthly and annual plans on the signup page. Where would I sign up for such a plan?

Thanks.

I believe he means that he left VOIPo to get a PAYG plan elsewhere. We don't offer any PAYG/BYOD plans

usa2k
08-06-2010, 04:46 AM
This quote does not seem to be from VOIPo forums or DSLReports forums ...
at least that I could locate. (To the original poster, a link would be useful.)

I suspect Tim's interpretation is the only likely explanation.

EDIT: The reference was from a VOIPo Review (http://www.dslreports.com/comment/3156/78290) on DSLReports

This does not seem like an average user. Their concerns go beyond what is needed for setup of their VoIP device. I've received 6 ATAs over the years with VOIPo and really have not found the packaging insufficient. (None of the ATAs were sent because of issues. Beta and Reseller beta, plus I had two Residential lines at one time.)

The only other long-shot explanation could be they switched to the Reseller Account (http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml) that is effectively a By-The-Minute billing format.

In my opinion ...

A Reseller Account is best suited to:

at least a small business
an extended multi-location family
a full fledged Reseller company.

I found it a very confusing review for Residential customers.