PDA

View Full Version : Outgoing calls don't disconnect

nhawk
08-14-2010, 11:42 AM
When calling another phone from VOiPo (like cellphone), the phonecall doesn't seem to disconnect.
i.e. Call cellphone, hangup the VOiPo call after talking (leaving the cellphone to disconnect itself), the cellphone still thinks the call is connected.

If calling from cellphone and hanging up the VOiPo line, it works fine.

Thus incoming calls work properly, outgoing don't seem to.
I found my cellphone connected to my parents for almost an hour, thinking that once they hung up, my cellphone would as well.
(they have VOiPo managed PAP2, I have BYOD PAP2)

stevech
08-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I have the same issue.
VoIPo 818.935.xxxx calling 858.414.xxxx (verizon wireless) fails
VoIPo 818.935.xxxx calling 858.720.xxxx (AT&T landline) called party's phone properly disconnects (5 seconds)
VoIPo 818.935.xxxx calling 858.220.xxxx (Sprint wireless) called party's phone properly disconnects

Could that be faulty SS7 signaling from one of VoIPo's carriers? And/or the interface to that carrier?

nhawk
08-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Very possible, because it worked only 2 days ago to my Sprint phone, and now doesn't (on both Sprint & Verizon[Roam]), but it does work properly when calling the same Sprint phone, but via GoogleVoice

stevech
08-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Is this issue at the "needs trouble ticket" level now?

VOIPoTim
08-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Is this issue at the "needs trouble ticket" level now?

Yes, if you're having issues with this, you need to open a ticket.

There are no widespread issues that I'm aware of, so a ticket needs to be opened in order for your issue to be addressed.

nhawk
08-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I had a tkt opened for a few days now. Brandon is working on it.
Whether it's widespread or not, I can't say for sure, but both I, my dad and another user above had this issue.

The issue for my cellphone has been resolved. If someone still has issues, you should contact VOiPo.

f82mustang
09-24-2011, 11:30 AM
I have several atas and I am getting random calls that dont disconnect after hangup. In fact the called number rings repeatedly, end user answers, no one there, hangs up, rings again over and over. Then I look at the call log and i notice a 300 minute call to that number. Apparently the time outs are set to 300 minutes so the system thinks the call is active for 300 minutes then finally hangs up when the timer expires.

What in the world is causing this? Customers are getting pissed and im losing lots of money.

VOIPoTim
09-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I have several atas and I am getting random calls that dont disconnect after hangup. In fact the called number rings repeatedly, end user answers, no one there, hangs up, rings again over and over. Then I look at the call log and i notice a 300 minute call to that number. Apparently the time outs are set to 300 minutes so the system thinks the call is active for 300 minutes then finally hangs up when the timer expires.

What in the world is causing this? Customers are getting pissed and im losing lots of money.

This can happen if the router is blocking some of the traffic and the "Bye" signal is not getting through. Have you tried port forwarding if the devices are used behind a router? We recommend forwarding ports 5004-65000 UDP to the ATA to make sure all traffic (including the BYEs) can get through.