PDA

View Full Version : How to Call Forward 2nd Line Add On from VPanel

dtrose
08-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Recently added / ported a line to become a virtual / 2nd Line to my existing account. Was in VPanel this weekend wanting to forward it (the second line to my cell and did not see the option in VPanel to control Call Forwarding? Is this a bug?

VOIPoTim
08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Addon lines can't ring externally since they're just an addon to the main line and must ring in the same location as that account.

To forward an external line elsewhere, you'd need to convert it to a full line.

dtrose
08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
So if primary line is forwarded is secondary "add-on" line automatically forwarded to same destination?

VOIPoTim
08-16-2010, 11:03 AM
No the secondary is separate, it just can't be forwarded on its own. It can only ring to the adapter and can't be forwarded elsewhere.

It's designed to be a "light use" line to use when the main one is tied up.

ellinj
08-19-2010, 02:13 PM
No the secondary is separate, it just can't be forwarded on its own. It can only ring to the adapter and can't be forwarded elsewhere.

It's designed to be a "light use" line to use when the main one is tied up.

This seems counterintuitive. If the primary line is being forwarded. The phone hooked up to the TA will still ring?

On a side note I am having an issue whereby I am forwarding the mainline as my TA isn't even plugged in at the moment. Other voipo callers aren't able to call me. I am told this is because I don't have an outage number defined. It seems that enabling forwarding on the primary line is superseded when the device has outage unless I remember to forward enter my forwarded number into the outage number section as well. Seems like a bug to me.

usa2k
08-19-2010, 08:04 PM
In routing, can't I send ********** to a designated number?
(2nd line VN upgrade.) (I've never wanted to.)

VOIPoTim
08-19-2010, 10:02 PM
This seems counterintuitive. If the primary line is being forwarded. The phone hooked up to the TA will still ring?

On a side note I am having an issue whereby I am forwarding the mainline as my TA isn't even plugged in at the moment. Other voipo callers aren't able to call me. I am told this is because I don't have an outage number defined. It seems that enabling forwarding on the primary line is superseded when the device has outage unless I remember to forward enter my forwarded number into the outage number section as well. Seems like a bug to me.

No if the virtual number is setup as a 2nd line, it wouldn't be automatically forwarded with the first one or anything. It just can't be used anywhere else but the 2nd line port on the ATA or forwarded anywhere.

It's a featured designed to save people money by allowing them to assign the virtual number (at virtual number pricing) to a dedicated port on the adapter and separate it from the main line. We're the only provider that I know of that allows this.

There have to be restrictions though so we don't lose massive amounts of money by offering it. If we allowed people to forward it externally or use it externally like they could a primary account but still charged the virtual number rate, we'd have people abusing it causing huge losses on that feature.

Basically a virtual number converted to a 2nd line on the adapter is meant to be used on the adapter as a light use 2nd line it he same location as the primary. To use externally or have all the same functionality as the main line, a full line needs to be purchased.