PDA

View Full Version : Voipo to Voipo - Only gets to Voicemail

rmwlaw
08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
My wife and I use 2 different voipo lines on 2 different routers in our home. 1 is upstairs (2 bedroom house) and is used primarily by entire family with wireless phoneset. Other line is downstairs, hooked up to separate cable modem/gateway network, used primarily for her for friends and clients, and her internet website.

When we try to call a voipo phoneline from the other voipo phoneline, you cannot hear any ringing and the call goes directly to voicemail. This happens in both directions.

Now, this is not us being lazy, but important. My wife takes her voipo router with her on trips for work and when she goes to visit her parents (my ins) in the northern part of Florida. She can use the line, but if I call her from the voipo line in our home, no ringing still, and she only knows that I had called when she checks her voicemail on the internet through her e-mail.

Anyone else come across this? Any solutions to fix this so that the phones will ring when called by the other voipo phoneline?

usa2k
08-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Wondering on https://secure.voipo.com/features/devices are they on the same server?

Wondering, do the two routers get real world IPs?
Is one doing double NAT?
Its likely when she takes one on a trip, it will work.

AND LASTLY:
You can often get around such a glitch by setting up an Outbound Route/Shortcut to its SIP address.

Example: Assign "789" to call "sip:5551234444@in.voipwelcome.com"

If you dial 789 or 789#, the other phone should ring.

If it still fails to ring, it is likely something to do with the way you've set up your network.

rmwlaw
08-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Wondering on https://secure.voipo.com/features/devices are they on the same server?

NO.

Wondering, do the two routers get real world IPs?
Is one doing double NAT?

NO.

Its likely when she takes one on a trip, it will work.

WILL see next time she goes on a trip for work or to visit her parents.

AND LASTLY:
You can often get around such a glitch by setting up an Outbound Route/Shortcut to its SIP address.

Example: Assign "789" to call "sip:5551234444@in.voipwelcome.com"

If you dial 789 or 789#, the other phone should ring.

COULD you please explain exactly how I would go about configuring my voipo line to "Assign" a number to my wife's line?

I know how to set up inbound or outbound routing. But I do not see any option to assign a number such as 789 or to assign something like 789# to that phoneline's outbound route. Thanks.

If it still fails to ring, it is likely something to do with the way you've set up your network.

I will try assigning her a 3 digit number or number plus the hash (#) sign. Can it be different from 3 digits? Am I limited to only the # after numbers?

Thanks for your input.

Richard in sunny (read, HOT!!!!) South Florida

tritch
08-22-2010, 05:18 PM
I would contact Support.....sounds like another Voipo to Voipo bug to me.

I've come across several issues with Viopo to Viopo calls that they are currently "working on":

1) No call history logs show in vPanel for either caller
2) Call forwarding doesn't work, Voipo line still rings through (non-Voipo calls forward ok)
3) Outbound call routes to speed dial doesn't work, phones ring but dead air on both ends when answered, you must dial the full phone number to reach other Voipo line

Brandon in Tier 2 Support is working on these and possibly other known issues.

usa2k
08-22-2010, 07:42 PM
It can be 1 digit even.
Don't add a "#" in the rule. Just know it speeds things up when dialing.
It indicates the string of numbers is complete.

In beta test of Reseller, there was no fix yet, but no universal issue of
VOIPo to VOIPo calls. I had some that would not ring the phone unless
using a sip number during tests. (Even to a different state.)

rmwlaw
08-23-2010, 09:26 AM
It can be 1 digit even.
Don't add a "#" in the rule. Just know it speeds things up when dialing.
It indicates the string of numbers is complete.

In my previous reply to your assistance, I had asked:

"COULD you please explain exactly how I would go about configuring my voipo line to "Assign" a number to my wife's line?

I know how to set up inbound or outbound routing. But I do not see any option to assign a number such as 789 or to assign something like 789# to that phoneline's outbound route. Thanks."

I have indeed created an Outbound Route, but it uses the complete telephone number. I do not know how to assign a shortcut to it. Would you please, please, explain how to accomplish this. Perhaps you could list step by step what you do, so that I can double check my efforts, which were:

1. Log in.
2. Click on Features Tab.
3. Click on Call Routes Option.
4. Enter Wife's Voipo Telephone Number in Phone Number Box under Outbound Routes.
5. Select Forwarding in Call Route Options Box.
6. Click on Create.

Now what? I do not know what more to do in order to create that outbound route you had referenced in your initial response.

Thank you,

Richard in sunny (HOT) South Florida

usa2k
08-23-2010, 10:46 AM
In Features under Routes, setup an Outbound Call Route to FORWARD to SIP

https://secure.voipo.com/features/call_routes

EDIT (I see):
Put 789 as the number,
chose Forward from the drop-down
Put the SIP address in that new field, then Create

Merely dial 789# to make the call.

Page 22 of the preliminary user's manual
(Can't seem to find the thread Tim posted the manual in.)
Here it is: http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=19256&postcount=1