PDA

View Full Version : VOIP phone with speakerphone (loud speakerphone); extends to other handsets

adrienqa66
09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Hi,

I have Time Warner Cable and have my VOIPO adapter attached to the Time Warner wireless cable modem gateway.

If I were to opt for a basic VOIP phone that had a good speakerphone and good quality, but not for an absurd price, would that be possible?

It would be great if this could be a cordless one that could extend from the base unit to other units. I would like the same call quality on the wireless as is available on the wired or perhaps the alternative would be the base unit being wired and the extension phones being cordless with not as good quality.

The VOIPo adapter (a router) has its own IP address separate from that of Time Warner Cable.

One thing I've noticed in my search for a VOIP phone is that it's really hard to find one that has a good speakerphone; often a quiet speakerphone is an issue.

Thanks for any suggestions!

MisterEd
09-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Why would you prefer that? There are hundreds of cordless phones with multiple "remote extensions" included that meet your requirements out there compared to the very few dedicated voip phones.