PDA

View Full Version : New VOIPo user - a few issues

Belinrahs
10-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I just received my Grandstream HandyTone 502 in the mail today and I've set it up. So far calls sound good. But I've run into a couple issues so far.
{FIXED}1. When I dial 123 to check voicemail, the automated system does not seem to receive any keypresses I make. I have confirmed this issue with more than 1 phone. Other phone numbers I call are able to receive my keypresses - for example, if I call my GV phone number, press * then my PIN to check voicemails, that works fine.{FIXED}

2. I'm trying to figure out how to make QoS work - where if I'm downloading a file or something, and I want to make a phone call/answer the phone, the internet connection isn't being overtaken by the download so I can't use my phone. I have tried Modem -> Grandstream -> Router, and Modem -> Router (with QoS configured and SPI firewall off) -> Grandstream, and the former works better but still will have problems. Could any of you provide insight and possibly how to configure this to work? My router is a Linksys WRT160N running DD-WRT firmware.

VOIPoDanielC
10-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Hello,

If you're using DD-WRT, what settings did you make for QoS? Did you do it by Port/Service, MAC address, or IP address? When you made the settings, did you also include a speed for the algorithms to use as the "maximum" bandwidth under the uplink/downlink settings?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service

The best idea in most cases is to set the Grandstream as the router connected directly to the Internet. If you need to access it to setup port forwarding or enable QoS(which should be enabled by default), the default password is 123.

It seems that the QoS isn't setup with the proper speed settings if you are still experiencing issues while downloading a large file due to bandwidth contention.

If you still require assistance, the best bet would be to enable remote administration of your router/s and contact us at support@voipo.com or via our Live Chat on our website.

Regards,
Daniel C