PDA

View Full Version : voipo to voipo calls failing

patoka
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Anybody else have problems with voipo to voipo calls? All I get after 20+ seconds of dead air is fast busy signals.

usa2k
10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Sometime that is an issue. I rarely talk to other VOIPo numbers.
I found that setting up a shortcut to the sip address is a good work-around.

I *think* ?

sip:voipo_number@in.voipwelcome.com assigned to a shortcut

tritch
10-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Anybody else have problems with voipo to voipo calls? All I get after 20+ seconds of dead air is fast busy signals.

Yes. Starting yesterday, dead air issues. All other calls to cell phones and landlines are OK. I submitted a ticket last night. Nothing has changed on my side, so I suspect something was changed on their side.....

VOIPoBrandon
10-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey guys -- can you advise if you are still having any further issues with VOIPo to VOIPo calls. We've been working on a fix for some long standing VOIPo to VOIPo issues this week and we hope to have it all rolled out shortly. In the course of rolling it out it is possible some of these intermittent issues are a result. Look forward to hearing back from you all, thanks!

tritch
10-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey guys -- can you advise if you are still having any further issues with VOIPo to VOIPo calls. We've been working on a fix for some long standing VOIPo to VOIPo issues this week and we hope to have it all rolled out shortly. In the course of rolling it out it is possible some of these intermittent issues are a result. Look forward to hearing back from you all, thanks!

Brandon, it's still not working. I'm now getting mostly fast busy signals. Sometimes it rings only to get dead air, only once did I reach the caller then it goes dead after 30 seconds with a fast busy signal. The other Voipo caller reports the same problem.

Ticket ID: GUA-137605

VOIPoBrandon
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Can you please PM me calling FROM # and calling TO #

Also preferably a phone number to reach you at so I can grab a network trace interactively with you.

Thanks!
________
Fourth generation subaru legacy history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Fourth_Generation_Subaru_Legacy)

jazz4me
10-19-2010, 05:53 PM

We are experiencing the failing calls (Voipo-to-Voipo) as described by others. When the connection is successful, the calls disconnect almost immediately. We've tried several times to resume/complete our call. They continue to fail which is why I ended up "here". The problem began this afternoon PDT.

VOIPoBrandon
10-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey guys ----

I believe I've worked with everyone in this thread who has reported an issue privately.

Please do let me know if you guys continue to run into any further issues, or if any other newcomers are experiencing issues.

We think that we've fixed all "basic" on-network issues such as pure voipo to voipo calling.

Some issues have been reported with Call Routes, *67, etc. and we will be working through these reports and other various known issues.

Thanks for all of your input and cooperation!
________
Toyota opa (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Opa)

tritch
10-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Brandon, this issue is back again. Calls disconnect after 20 seconds with a fast busy signal. Other Voipo caller reports same problem. It worked fine yesterday.

VOIPoBrandon
10-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello,

Did this occurrence happen around 6 PM CST? Is it still occurring currently? Please advise -- thanks!

tritch
10-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Around 6:20 pm CST. I tried twice. The calls went through ok, but disconnected after 20+ seconds with fast busy. The other Voipo caller tried to call but got nothing but dead air with no ring at all.

VOIPoBrandon
10-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Hello,

Thank you for this information! I found an issue with another user around the same time and it was resolved, this will affect you as well. Please do let me know if you continue to run into any further issues. Thanks!
________
Toys kinky (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1097/kinky/videos/1)

tritch
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Hello,

Thank you for this information! I found an issue with another user around the same time and it was resolved, this will affect you as well. Please do let me know if you continue to run into any further issues. Thanks!

Thanks, it's working good now. I noticed the Voipo calls are showing up in vPanel's call history log today.....nice to see this fix too.

Looking forward to call forwarding and call routes being fixed as well........

bretski
10-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Brandon,

Don't know if this is related or not, but when I call my Voipo fax line, my main number rings... :confused:

-Bret

VOIPoTim
10-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Brandon,

Don't know if this is related or not, but when I call my Voipo fax line, my main number rings... :confused:

-Bret

Calling it from within the VOIPo network has this problem and if calling from outside the network it's fine?

bretski
10-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Calling it from within the VOIPo network has this problem and if calling from outside the network it's fine?

Correct. If I call my fax number from my cell, it works. If I call it from my main VOIPo line, it goes to my voicemail. If I call from my virtual number, the main line rings. Want me to open a ticket?

Update: I went ahead and opened a ticket. Brandon resolved the issue. Thanks again, Brandon!

lifespeed
10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
What about the issue with an ATA registered to the VoIPo server, and softphone/IP phone registered to to the BYOD server.

I currently have both the ATA and IP phone registered to the BYOD server because both would not ring, only one or the other, depending on which one registered last.

Has this interoperability issue been resolved, or is it still required that all devices register to the same server to receive calls?

patoka
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM
After I started this thread tech support got me going again. Last night v-v calls failed again. I started a new ticket, this morning I can only call a voipo phone.

I have 3 pages of tech support tickets since I signed up, what's the record?

VOIPoBrandon
10-25-2010, 05:26 PM
After I started this thread tech support got me going again. Last night v-v calls failed again. I started a new ticket, this morning I can only call a voipo phone.

I have 3 pages of tech support tickets since I signed up, what's the record?

Around what time did the VOIPo to VOIPo issue occur? (please be timezone specific). Also do you currently have a ticket open? Please PM me the ticket reference ID. Lastly are you currently experiencing any issues? Please advise - thanks!

VOIPoBrandon
10-25-2010, 05:27 PM
What about the issue with an ATA registered to the VoIPo server, and softphone/IP phone registered to to the BYOD server.

I currently have both the ATA and IP phone registered to the BYOD server because both would not ring, only one or the other, depending on which one registered last.

Has this interoperability issue been resolved, or is it still required that all devices register to the same server to receive calls?

It will no longer matter what server you are registered to in correlation to who you are placing an on-network call to.

There are some current known issues / restrictions with VOIPo to VOIPo and simultaneous ring & call recording.

lifespeed
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
It will no longer matter what server you are registered to in correlation to who you are placing an on-network call to.

There are some current known issues / restrictions with VOIPo to VOIPo and simultaneous ring & call recording.

And to that I would add an issue with simultaneous ring when dialing VoIPo via SIP URI. Ring-in-order failed to forward to the mobile when dialing a VoIPo number (calling from another SIP provider) using SIP URI, but worked correctly using the PSTN number.

It's getting better, I hope you continue to work on these remaining bugs.

jlachowin
10-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi Brandon.

I to had VOIPo to VOIPo issues on 10/19/2010. I want to know if I need to do anything at this point? I will make a few test calls to my parents (other VOIPo party).

On 10/19 around 6:20PM central time, my dad called. We got disconnected around 30 seconds later with a busy signal. My dad thought he hit something on his cordless phone and I called him back, but same thing, disconnected and busy signal. I called him 5 times and we just got frustrated and called it a night as we kept getting disconnected.

Please advise and if you need more information from me. Thanks.

Justin

Hoser
10-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Brandon, my business partner and I have been having terrible problems with voipo to voipo calls since we switched to voipo, many months ago. 1 legged calls, disconnects, takes several dialings to connect, terrible call quality, etc. many, many calls to support, changed servers several times and even moved us both to same server (Texas) and it got even worse. He's in Toledo, so I had them move him to the East Coast Server and me (Anaheim) to the West Coast Server, but I'm not expecting much improvement. Can you give me the exact instructions on how to set up a sip shortcut? I've used this trick on some of my SIP trunk customers' systems with good results. I know how to do it with Asterisk IP PBX systems, but am not sure how to do it with VoIPo. Jim Sheehy @714-398-8249

Hoser
10-30-2010, 02:50 AM
Which phone number do you put in the Phone number field? My phone number or the other phone number? I'm pretty sure that "sip:9999999999@in.voipwelcome.com" is what goes in the "Forward to" field, where 9999999999 would be the voipo number I want to call. Do I use my voipo number in the "Phone Number" field or his number? I've used this trick with some of my SIP Trunk customers and know how to do it with an Asterisk IP PBX, but not with VoIPo. Thanks mucho. Jim Sheehy@714-398-8249

VOIPoTim
10-30-2010, 04:35 AM
Which phone number do you put in the Phone number field? My phone number or the other phone number? I'm pretty sure that "sip:9999999999@in.voipwelcome.com" is what goes in the "Forward to" field, where 9999999999 would be the voipo number I want to call. Do I use my voipo number in the "Phone Number" field or his number? I've used this trick with some of my SIP Trunk customers and know how to do it with an Asterisk IP PBX, but not with VoIPo. Thanks mucho. Jim Sheehy@714-398-8249

Do you mean for call forwarding?

You should always just use the phone number.

The SIP address stuff with @in.voipwelcome.com is only for advanced SIP calling from outside the VOIPo network to within the network.

Try using just the destination phone number in the phone number field.

bretski
12-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Brandon,

FYI: I just sent you a message about another instance of Voipo-to-Voipo call problems.

Best,
-Bret