PDA

View Full Version : What is my Linksys RT31P2 ATA doing when both lines light up?

Mike_TV
10-30-2010, 08:20 AM
I have a Linksys RT31P2 ATA connected to a two line Siemens cordless phone system. Every once in a while, I'll notice that Line 2 lights up, then Line 1 lights up and then both go out.

If I attempt to place a call, by picking up one of the lines, right after the lights go out, I do not get a dial tone. Waiting a few seconds later, I can get a dial tone and make calls as normal.

I suspect that the ATA is rebooting but having zero insight into the admin page of the ATA, I can't say for sure.

Anyone know what it's going? I'm trying to track down why I had four calls drop in the middle conversations this week with the lights on the phone showing the same symptom (line lights going on and then off as if the ATA is rebooting in the middle of a call).

burris
10-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I have a Linksys RT31P2 ATA connected to a two line Siemens cordless phone system. Every once in a while, I'll notice that Line 2 lights up, then Line 1 lights up and then both go out.

If I attempt to place a call, by picking up one of the lines, right after the lights go out, I do not get a dial tone. Waiting a few seconds later, I can get a dial tone and make calls as normal.

I suspect that the ATA is rebooting but having zero insight into the admin page of the ATA, I can't say for sure.

Anyone know what it's going? I'm trying to track down why I had four calls drop in the middle conversations this week with the lights on the phone showing the same symptom (line lights going on and then off as if the ATA is rebooting in the middle of a call).

I would suggest a ticket to support.
Maybe the registration time is not set correctly..

Russell
10-31-2010, 10:17 AM

I found my RT31P2 reboots on a regular basis. It just did it a few minutes ago. However, in my case both lines are lit (normal) and when it reboots they both go dark for n seconds (n is in double digits). And, you're right, when it reboots for those n seconds you don't have phone service.

Mike_TV
10-31-2010, 10:22 AM
I found my RT31P2 reboots on a regular basis. It just did it a few minutes ago. However, in my case both lines are lit (normal) and when it reboots they both go dark for n seconds (n is in double digits). And, you're right, when it reboots for those n seconds you don't have phone service.

Yeah sounds like mine is rebooting. I opened a ticket based on the first reply to see what's up. I'm guessing it shouldn't reboot in the middle of call in progress.

To be clear, in my original post, the lights I was referring to are the ones on the Siemens phone, base station, which light up when the phone is off hook. The line lights on the ATA, which is located in my basement at the homerun, are exactly opposite of that in that they stay lit up when the line is off hook and blink during a call in progress while the phone off hook.