PDA

View Full Version : Grandstream adapter - strange behavior

jshatch
10-30-2010, 06:25 PM
I just got my ATA today, it's one of the Grandstream devices. I'm noticing some strange behavior with it.

1) I cannot negotiate an ethernet link between it and my switch (Netgear GS108T). The lights on the ATA light up but the switch remains unlit, and there is no network communication.

2) When plugged into my router (Linksys WRT54GS) there is a link and network communication. However, when I place a call the packets look like they're being blasted all over my network (all switch ports and all devices start blinking insanely during a call).

I am going to get a LAN trace to see exactly what's going on there, but I wanted first to see if this is known / expected behavior for this ATA.

stevech
10-31-2010, 01:20 AM
not so here. Grandstream connects to Linksys WiFi router with switch. One port on that goes to a gigE switch.
In a call, only the one switch port on the Linsys flickers, and the WAN's LED.

jshatch
10-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, I don't know exactly what was happening but I do know that the problem was actually with the Netgear switch. For some reason it wouldn't negotiate a link with anything new, though existing connections still worked, which threw me off a bit. Rebooted the switch and now I'm able to negotiate a link with the Grandstream ATA. Also, after rebooting the switch the strange issue of all my ports blinking during a call also stopped.

Strange things were afoot. But all is well now, and no issues with the ATA.