PDA

View Full Version : HT-502 Settings

dgeckard
10-31-2010, 06:41 PM
I have a BYOD HT-502 from another Voip provider and I was wondering if there were any additional settings that are not on the vPanel/BYOD page (e.g.Config Server Path)?

Also what is the current version of firmware that Voipo recommends? I have seen in the forums that there have been some problems with the HT-502 in the past.

Lastly, I wanted to see if I should use my personal HT-502 or the banged up RT31P2 I received from Voipo... any recommendations?

voipinit
11-01-2010, 07:41 AM
I am using firmware 1.0.1.63 which is the latest stable release (I have been up on it for several months). 1.0.3.10 is available in beta and I will probably switch to that this weekend. I know others have had GS problems, but I have been using it without issues for the last 18+ months. If i recall the problem voipo was having was totally resolved by circa 1.0.1.41 although even earlier releases increased stability.

scott2020
11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I have had tons of problems with the 502 unfortunately. A couple of weeks ago I re-flashed the .63 firmware and did a factory reset. Since then it has been working fine. I don't know if it was trying to connect to something that wasn't around anymore or what, but it seems to be much better. At one point it was taking all of my bandwidth just sitting there doing nothing, not even on a call.

I don't have anything entered in config server path. I just manually set all of the IP's and such and left the default factory dial plans. HOwever, I am connecting to an Asterisk box.

dgeckard
11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
To clone the first line, do you just put in the same credentials for primary SIP server, SIP userid, and password for FXS2 Port 2?

voipinit
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
^ Yes. You might want to post this in the BYOD forum (it is a subset of this forum).