PDA

View Full Version : can't make outbound calls (8:30am pacific time)

sommerfeld
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
I assume it's not just me based on the response I got from voipo live chat.

goofytim
11-23-2010, 10:45 AM
same problem here. my service started getting sketchy a little while ago when the calls were taking forever to connect and then having problems once connected. now i have no service at all. modem is active and i have restarted it a couple of times. i am on the east coast.

Matthew
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Same here in the Midwest. 11am CST

scott2020
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Same here. My wife called me a few times and it rang on my side at work, but no audio. I received about 10 calls in a row. Then she started getting calls back from all over the country, asking why she called them. Apparently she is dialing the entire country... ;)

goofytim
11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
just checked and didn't even get a dial tone now. restarted the modem and now i can make calls and they connect quickly.

scott2020
11-23-2010, 11:04 AM
There is some major latency 200+ ms to the web servers like secure and forums. Lots of dropped packets. Maybe a datacenter issue at least to Texas.

sommerfeld
11-23-2010, 11:17 AM
things seem to be working again for me.

i'm now seeing:

54ms to sip-central01.voipwelcome.com
91ms to sip-east01.voipwelcome.com
74ms to forums.voipo.com

and..

450ms to sip-byod.voipwelcome.com

VOIPoBrandon
11-23-2010, 11:21 AM
http://www.twitter.com/voipo

jshatch
11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Here is what I am seeing:

On my BYOD device I cannot make outbound calls at all.

On my GS I can, but when I call voicemail I get really weird responses, like "Welcome to your voicemail.... {infinite pause}".

Also I noticed that since I rebooted my GS device it is now connected to Voipo east, where before I was connected to central. I wonder if they're moving all the central customers to east while this outage is going on.

jlachowin
11-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I can't check my phone until I get home, but my mom just called me and she is unable to receive inbound calls. She gets a busy signal upon answer. She can make outgoing calls just fine. Please update this thread as well as Twitter. I can't get on Twitter at work, so I rely on these threads when I'm at work. Thanks.

jshatch
11-23-2010, 12:41 PM
As of now I can make outbound calls on both ATAs. I can also now receive inbound calls on BYOD which I couldn't do before. However I still cannot access my voicemail.

hatchmt
11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Voicemail is still out for me as well. Doesn't work through the web interface either.

...and why does vpanel say I'm connected to VOIPo West? I thought that was decommissioned. I'm not complaining about that -- West is closer to my house. I was just surprised to see that.

jshatch
11-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Voicemail appears to be working now.

mikeb
11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Unable to make outbound calls again today. I get a fast busy signal.

mikeb
11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Support suggested power cycling the adapter. That worked, everything has returned to normal.

voxabox
11-24-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.twitter.com/voipo
Not everyone is able to access to twitter
It'd be nice if the heads up were announced in the forums as well
Nothing's wrong with doing things as they were traditionally done:confused:

scott2020
11-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Not everyone is able to access to twitter
It'd be nice if the heads up were announced in the forums as well
Nothing's wrong with doing things as they were traditionally done:confused:

+1. I miss the good old days.

I have no use for twitter and I can't get to it from work because it is blocked.

stevech
11-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Twitter and ALL other social web sites are blocked by my employer and most other Fortune 1000.

burris
11-28-2010, 05:08 AM
Twitter and ALL other social web sites are blocked by my employer and most other Fortune 1000.

As in my personal belief, they should be.

Look at where it has gotten us. The young people instead of watching mindless TV as they did before, now spend their time texting and exchanging references with unknown people throughout the world.
What ever happened to reading a book? No time, I guess.

dteague
11-28-2010, 10:55 AM

Look at where it has gotten us. The young people instead of watching mindless TV as they did before, now spend their time texting and exchanging references with unknown people throughout the world.

Well, I know where I work, when they were not blocked, I had to run reports, and a good number of people (age 20-30) would come in, clock in, hit facebook/myspace/twitter and waste time until lunch, clock out, eat, clock back in, then back to facebook/myspace/twitter until the day was over.

now that it is blocked, they still are doing it, just doing it on their cellphone all day.

What I think is ironic is that when I was that age (and younger) people thought I was a geek/anti-social because I spent all my time on the computer talking to people I didn't know all over the city/country/world. Little did I know I was just ahead of the curve. :-)

Russell
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Books are on their eReaders, Burris :-). Which I suspect is one of the N things that are being multi-tasked at any given moment.