PDA

View Full Version : Updating the ATA's

rdkut
11-24-2010, 01:20 AM
If in the (hopefully unlikely) event something happens and I had to move all of my customers to another provider, would it be possible to send a mass update to all the customer ATA's updating where they get service? Do the ATA's come unlocked so they have that capability?

Are we almost out of the beta stage?

VOIPoTim
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
If in the (hopefully unlikely) event something happens and I had to move all of my customers to another provider, would it be possible to send a mass update to all the customer ATA's updating where they get service? Do the ATA's come unlocked so they have that capability?

Are we almost out of the beta stage?

Devices sold to resellers are unlocked. Mass provisioning would depend on the capabilities of a new provider since a provisioning system would be something the provider would have to offer.

In terms of the actual service and functionality, everything is working very well with only minor bugs. The BETA designation is primarily due to the lack of polish and some cosmetic issues. The BETA for our residential service lasted for several years. There's no set timeframe for ending it on the reseller side of things...once we're completely happy with things cosmetically, we'll remove it.

As we release more automation, we expect an even bigger surge with resellers will be coming on board. Those of you that are already involved have a huge advantage right now and time is on your side.

There is absolutely no reason to hesitate because of the BETA designation. Our largest single reseller has over 3100 accounts and when we look at all the resellers combined, they will likely exceed VOIPo's direct customer base as a combined group by the end of the year. Right now there's no competition because billing takes a little more work to setup, etc.

IBhere
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Our largest single reseller has over 3100 accounts...

Wow, that is amazing and I am happy for that reseller BUT I've tried advertising and talking to people directly and everyone looks at me like I have two heads. Of course, there are those that were thinking of trying VoIP but because every time they called me or I called them there wasn't a good connection or a call dropped, etc., I lost the business.

I just put in a ticket for multiple problems I am having with the system at my office and hopefully it can get resolved soon. I am having a virtual number problem that has lasted about a month now and still isn't fixed. This has also put a damper on selling VoIP service.

I also have one of my lines, which I just found out only because one of my clients had my email address and notified me, does not accept messages as the mailbox only says "good bye" and then hangs up. They thought I went out of business and I have no idea how long this has been happening.

Hopefully this can be fixed quickly as this has happened in the past.

VOIPoTim
12-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Wow, that is amazing and I am happy for that reseller BUT I've tried advertising and talking to people directly and everyone looks at me like I have two heads. Of course, there are those that were thinking of trying VoIP but because every time they called me or I called them there wasn't a good connection or a call dropped, etc., I lost the business.

I just put in a ticket for multiple problems I am having with the system at my office and hopefully it can get resolved soon. I am having a virtual number problem that has lasted about a month now and still isn't fixed. This has also put a damper on selling VoIP service.

I also have one of my lines, which I just found out only because one of my clients had my email address and notified me, does not accept messages as the mailbox only says "good bye" and then hangs up. They thought I went out of business and I have no idea how long this has been happening.

Hopefully this can be fixed quickly as this has happened in the past.

I'm sure Tier II support can resolve it.

Just out of curiosity...Were these newly created accounts in the control panel or have they been moved/transferred from residential/or manually modified by support?

IBhere
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I was just on the phone with support and all seems to be resolved except for one problem so we are going in a positive direction. Hope to resolve all issues shortly.

Yes, the numbers I have had issues with were originally transferred from Vonage to my VOIPo account and then eventually to my reseller account.