PDA

View Full Version : Dead calls today

happygator
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm not a happygator today. I am having issues with inbound calls where they get dropped as soon as I pickup to say "hello". Just now an outbound call went dead during a conversation.

Maybe this VOIPo thing isn't such a good idea. I signed up because I am a happy hostgator client and got tired of overseas support from my previous VOIP provider.

Then to make matters worse when I called for support, I got redirected to email because of "heavy call volume". Why should that matter?

bcaa8ra
11-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Same here and I cannot reach support... It just says they are too busy.

burris
11-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Have either of you created a trouble ticket and submitted it?

Maybe can get results faster that way..

MisterEd
11-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Have you checked "Twitter" (yea, I dislike it and never use it - and I hate the word "TWEET!")?

We are extremely busy due to the Cyber Monday promotion. Please use e-mail when contacting us today. support@voipo.comDon't understand why they can't post this as a login message or regular message on here.

happygator
11-29-2010, 04:14 PM
What good is US based support if they refuse to answer the phone? I submitted an email to support begrudging my lack of phone service and email only support. I guess you get what you pay for!

VOIPOTim... Where are you today?

MarkTomlinson
11-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Same here; tried to place a call about 3:30 CST and both lines were dead. I had gotten off a conference call about 2:30 CST, so whatever happened didn't happen to everybody at the same time. Restarted everything and the phones came back.

I hadn't tried customer support because I figure they must have resolved the issue. But I might open ticket just to be on record.

FarmerBob
11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Guess my service has been down most of the day (Monday). If it weren't for the fact that I enjoy the quiet and had to make a call I would have never noticed. But before I contacted anyone I did what they would ask me to do and Power Cycled my entire network. Both SIP phone and ATA came right up. Seems good now.

MarkTomlinson
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
As an after effect, I seem to have lost my entire call history. I've opened a service ticket. You may want to check yours.

rjbasye
11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Call history is gone for me as well. I had both line 1 &2 out and had to power off/on the ATA to restore service. I'm showing that I'm connected to the central server.

FarmerBob
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Mine shows:

Call History
Call History is temporarily unavailable.

eagle 1
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
yes, my service was failing over to my cell phone today also..and call to my house went direct to my cell or voicemail

Tried support phone,,,not near a computer to send ticket or voicemail...ugh

and now it seems to be working...

Also refuse to use twitter or facebook, not an allowed service at work

MarkTomlinson
11-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Mine shows:

Call History
Call History is temporarily unavailable.

Mine, too - now. My service ticket was answered promptly with the following,

Call history is currently rebuilding and will be restored soon. We don't anticipate any data loss, but it will take a few hours to rebuild due to the number of calls it has.

See http://twitter.com/voipo for updates.

(I let them know I'm on my company's VPN today and can't use Twitter!)

ptrowski
11-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Outbound calling here is/was down a few minutes ago. Having a cyber Monday special is great and all but if the phones don't work it doesn't get me cranked up to renew.
To pull phone support is not a great move. And please can we get a status page instead of Twitter?

VOIPoTim
12-09-2010, 06:31 PM
I have moved some posts from this thread unrelated to the outage that day to a new thread: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=2674