PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't no service roll to voicemail?

happygator
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
My callers are complaining that they get a no service message instead of voicemail at various times? This isn't the way my previous VOIP service worked. Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

ptrowski
11-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Most providers like Voipo are set up that the calls will roll to voicemail if they cannot reach the adapter like in the event of power loss, ISP outage etc. But when the issue is with provider itself there is not too much that can be done.

scott2020
12-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Based on my VOIPo experience, when callers get the "out of service" message, it is due to VOIPo's servers not being able to talk back to the database servers due to latency, outage somewhere, etc. The upstream carrier doesn't get a response in time with what to do with the call, because the database can't be reached to see what to do with it (fail it over, voicemail, etc).

Something like that anyway!

fisamo
12-08-2010, 09:17 PM
It would be nice (if possible) for there to be a slightly shorter timeout on Voipo's gateway that would dump the call to Voicemail before the calling party's provider plays the out-of-service message. Of course, if there's a database read problem, I don't know how the call would get dumped to the correct mailbox... :)