PDA

View Full Version : HT502 - Time between digits and ringing

voiporwbuck
11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Brand new customer, still waiting for my port to go through. Anyways, is there a way to change the setting for the amount of time between the end of entering digits and when ringing on the other end starts? I know you can press the # button to speed it up, but there must be a way in the ATA settings to change it. Thank you.

jshatch
11-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Are you dialing 10 digits or 7? I believe the way they have the dial plan set up if you dial 10 digits (or 11 if you add the 1) it should start ringing as if you pressed # at the end. If you dial 7, it's most likely going to wait a few seconds to make sure you don't have any more digits to dial.

stevech
11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
users should be able to define dialing plans so that the long timeout is not impolitely imposed on customers. The WAF is impacted greatly.

tritch
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
The dial plan settings are only available in the admin settings of the ATA. Whether support will change these settings on a case by case basis will require a support ticket. Just ask and see what happens........

voiporwbuck
12-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I did put a ticket in. I was told to use the pound key. As a new customer, not the way I expect to be treated. Not sure if I'll be sticking around as a customer.

stevech
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I did put a ticket in. I was told to use the pound key. As a new customer, not the way I expect to be treated. Not sure if I'll be sticking around as a customer.

That's rude of VoIPo's customer support. Their competitors either allow the customers to set the dial plan or do so on behalf of the customer, so that the damned long delay doesn't happen - and to get a passing WAF. - - - It's no fun to hear the family say: "what's with this toy phone?"

burris
12-02-2010, 05:43 AM

Having been with VOIPo since the beta days, I am really surprised to hear this.
It is not in keeping with the quality of service they offer.

Maybe you got a support person on a bad hair day. Perhaps send an email to Tim as I don't think he would allow this.

jshatch
12-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I recently asked to change my dial plan and it was promptly changed to what I asked for. I would try again.