PDA

View Full Version : Service Issues

happygator
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
With the kind of service I've had during the past few days I wonder if I should renew for another month. Having a cyber monday promotion during a crappy service period is absurd. Why would anyone renew for two years when VOIPo can't keep two lights lit on their device?

ptrowski
11-29-2010, 05:35 PM
With the kind of service I've had during the past few days I wonder if I should renew for another month. Having a cyber monday promotion during a crappy service period is absurd. Why would anyone renew for two years when VOIPo can't keep two lights lit on their device?

It's why I am not giving them any extra money right now.

energyx
11-30-2010, 06:26 AM
The spouse is fed up as well. It seems like we have a couple good weeks, then back to dropped calls and no dial tone. After 3 times in a week with no dial tone, they "fixed" something and had me reboot the ATA. What is there to fix if working is left alone?

VOIPOinTN
12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I have had many dropped calls and also have a spouse fed up with the phone service. I have just created another support ticket with information from the call log. This service should be more stable and not require weekly reboots of the ATA.

VOIPoTim
12-09-2010, 06:17 PM
If you are having constant issues, ask to be escalated to Tier II. Tier II support can help you make sure everything is setup correctly and try to troubleshoot. If you're having chronic issues and they determine everything is setup, then there may just be some underlying issue between you and VOIPo.

VOIPo service is very stable. We do occasionally have system issues, but it's not something that's happening weekly for sure. The issue with VoIP (and all VoIP providers face it) is that the ISPs, modems, and routers/home networking equipment also play a massive role in the quality of a user's experience.

There is a very tiny group of users that has chronic issues, but its definitely not a situation where the service itself is having constant, chronic issues. Many of those users could see all their issues go away if they would simply put our device in front of their router and not have it in the middle, but just refuse to do it and insist on using a router between.

If the majority of customers were having weekly issues, we'd be out of business. We actually had over 25% of our customer base renew on Cyber Monday for an additional 2 years, so I think that speaks volumes about the overall satisfaction.

Less than 1% of our customer base has ever even contacted support at all, so if you are having constant issues, that's definitely not the norm with VOIPo customers.

happygator
12-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Dear Mr. Dick:
I am a new VOIPo customer and have my VOIPo device connected directly to my cable modem. It is unfortunate that I potentially have already joined the list of customers with chronic issues. I have business class Internet service from Comcast and stream music all day (through a router) without issue. It's the stupid VOIPo device has problems.

I chose VOIPo because I have been a HostGator customer for several years and thought it was worth the effort to switch. Now I miss the stability and 24 hour telephone support. US based support was attractive but what's the point when I experience an outage when all of you have gone home for the day? HostGator has 24/7 support, why can't VOIPo? Furthermore, I don't like being forced to use live chat and email. I don't use Twitter so don't tell me to subscribe to Twitter for system status messages.

I welcome your comments.

Regards,
Tim Burkart

gls101
12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Many of those users could see all their issues go away if they would simply put our device in front of their router and not have it in the middle.

My case may prove your point.

I was having a ton of problems - 1 way audio, dropped calls, etc. And I have a pile of support tickets to prove it. I had a Linksys ATA behind my router.

I replaced the router THREE separate times, with three different brands of routers. I changed parameters 'till I was blue in the face. Things would improve, then get bad again. No stability at all.

Finally, in desperation, I asked if I could swap for an ATA that could be installed in front of the router. I installed it in under five minutes, and haven't had a problem since. No dropped calls, no 1 way audio. NO problems.

I just have two issues - Tech support made it pretty difficult for me to swap out the ATA, and made me pay for the shipping both ways. Given the benefit to Voipo of reduced support calls and their related expenses, that left a bad taste in my mouth, but so be it.

The other issue is, because the ATA is in front of the router/firewall, it's subject to port scanners looking for open pbx lines to make free calls on. This happened to me last night (at 4AM no less!), causing the phone to ring with a CID of "asterisk". Since it's in front of the router, it's out of my reach as far as tracing the caller via his IP address. That's one unfortunate price you pay for an exposed ATA.

Gary Sanders

VOIPoTim
12-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Dear Mr. Dick:
I am a new VOIPo customer and have my VOIPo device connected directly to my cable modem. It is unfortunate that I potentially have already joined the list of customers with chronic issues. I have business class Internet service from Comcast and stream music all day (through a router) without issue. It's the stupid VOIPo device has problems.

I chose VOIPo because I have been a HostGator customer for several years and thought it was worth the effort to switch. Now I miss the stability and 24 hour telephone support. US based support was attractive but what's the point when I experience an outage when all of you have gone home for the day? HostGator has 24/7 support, why can't VOIPo? Furthermore, I don't like being forced to use live chat and email. I don't use Twitter so don't tell me to subscribe to Twitter for system status messages.

I welcome your comments.

Regards,
Tim Burkart

Do you have any ticket numbers I can review?

I'm happy to have a Tier II agent review your history and get in touch with you to troubleshoot and see if there's something we can do to resolve your issues.

We don't offer 24/7 support for issues on the customer end, but if there issues on our end that affect our service, they are resolved 24/7.

Update: One of our Tier II guys was able to find you by name and contact you. He says a replacement is being sent out to see if a new device resolves your issue and that he's going to followup next week to see if it doesn't and continue troubleshooting if not.