PDA

View Full Version : No audio for incoming calls

happygator
12-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Why do problems occur after hours or on weekends?? OK, I've had my cable company bridge my modem/gateway to my ATA device and I got a new device from VOIPo. Calls are crystal clear, no complaints there. This morning's calls were fine and outbound calls work fine too. However this afternoon when I answered several calls, there was no audio. I don't know whether the caller could hear me but I could not hear them.

There has been no interruption in my Internet service and my Internet connection has been continuous. Whatever the case the problem has resolved itself without any intervention on my part.

This is certainly a nuance I can do without!

Has this happened to anyone else before?

VOIPoTim
12-20-2010, 09:39 AM
We replied to your ticket and it's clear from logs that your router is blocking traffic.

I know you said it's in bridge mode but your connection is showing a private 10.X.X.X IP address and not a public IP so it's not in bridge mode. Maybe the bridge mode change didn't save?

If not bridged, ALL ports in the range of 5000-65000 need to be forwarded and the firewall disabled. If both of these are not done, you'll continue to experience issues with 100% certainty.

If a call connects on one of those ports and then the audio stream is blocked, you'll get dead air. By forwarding, you'll telling it to send all that traffic directly to the adapter.

We're love to fix this on our end, but there is nothing we can do to force the traffic through your router if it blocks it and changes will need to be made to it on your end for it to do so.