PDA

View Full Version : Voipo Slows Internet, Streaming Video?

PhoneBillCrazy
01-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Assuming I can hookup Voipo with my current hardware, once its on and running will it slow down my internet connection? I'm looking to cancel cable TV and switch to streaming content only like Hulu, Netflix, ESPN360, etc...

Will Voipo (or any other internet phone service like Vonage, MagicJack, etc...) hurt my streaming online audio/visual enjoyment?

scott2020
01-01-2011, 07:40 PM
No

10char

stevech
01-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Assuming I can hookup Voipo with my current hardware, once its on and running will it slow down my internet connection? I'm looking to cancel cable TV and switch to streaming content only like Hulu, Netflix, ESPN360, etc...

Will Voipo (or any other internet phone service like Vonage, MagicJack, etc...) hurt my streaming online audio/visual enjoyment?
No, but without attention to data type prioritization in the router, if you have a modest bandwidth Internet connection, the streaming video might negatively impact VoIP.

Be sure to get lots of bandwidth, say, a good cable modem service, not DSL, to stream a lot of video and do VoIP. And you may need a home router that can prioritize VoIP traffic.