PDA

View Full Version : Call In to Change Settings / Retrieve Messages on Phone

rmwlaw
01-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Recently, we were away and unable to access VOIPO through the internet. Had not set call forwarding before we left. I had my cell phone and called my home phone number, but for the life of me, I could not figure out (if it is even possible), how to enable call forwarding from my home VOIPO phone account to my cell phone.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Can I change any other settings from my cell phone by calling my VOIPO home phone account

Can I call in to retrieve recorded voicemail messages while I am on the road, and have no access to computer with internet?

Can I call in while on the road and delete recorded voicemail messages from my VOIPO home phone account (I understand that I would still need to delete e-mail message)?

holmes4
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
You can check and delete voicemail from anywhere by calling your number and pressing 0, then enter your voicemail PIN. http://voipo.com/help/article/checking-voicemail-53.html

I don't think there is a supported way to change forwarding remotely.

stevech
01-15-2011, 12:39 AM
I don't think there is a supported way to change forwarding remotely.That would seem to be a very common need.

holmes4
01-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I'd expect that many would have access to a web browser or smartphone to do it, but I can certainly see the attractiveness of such an option, though worry about security as you're protected only by a 4-digit PIN.