PDA

View Full Version : Support

genxweb
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Any one else notice that the chat to support is no longer on the website? Also if there is any support reps on I got a very angry client right now that is having issues with international calls. I had the same issue with another client that I enabled it on.

Still no response from support.

zevin
01-18-2011, 11:58 AM
I see the chat button on the home page. I am not sure what you are talking about...

I have had no problem getting support to respond.

genxweb
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Odd seems to be working now.

genxweb
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
SLA: Service level agreements.

Is there any documentation on this for resellers. I know if my clients are without service I am at the mercy of voipo staff to resolve a issue as I don't have access to the back end to review logs and servers to troubleshoot myself.

I am expected to provide a monetary reward for lack of service but voipo still expects full payment from us. On top of that support is only open 10 to 7 and will not respond unless the issue is critical on the weekends and usually only after Tim or some one tells them to respond.

Hopefully some thought will be put into this when you leave beta and enter production.

VOIPoTim
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
No, an SLA or response-time guarantee is not possible at our pricepoint. We'd have to drastically raise prices on all services in order to be able to offer SLAs or 24 hour support.

Our goal is to offer great support and I believe we are achieving that, but there are limitations (such as not being able to offer 24 hour support) that we face as a budget provider.

genxweb
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Tim here is a concern though once public you need to make sure your code works. IE. I have a issue where international calling limits are not working. Your staff response is take off the call limit and that it is a bug. They tell me this is the first time it is reported but I have proof I reported this over a month ago. So now I have to make the tough decision to piss off a high paying client and not give int calling as listed in our contract or risk him going over and me being screwed. I understand i can sit here night and day and baby sit him but this is not a option.

Another thing too I think you should remove the countdown timer on the reseller package. That is one reason I rushed into your service and it not true at all those prices are the same as November when I signed up.

VOIPoTim
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Tim here is a concern though once public you need to make sure your code works. IE. I have a issue where international calling limits are not working. Your staff response is take off the call limit and that it is a bug. They tell me this is the first time it is reported but I have proof I reported this over a month ago. So now I have to make the tough decision to piss off a high paying client and not give int calling as listed in our contract or risk him going over and me being screwed. I understand i can sit here night and day and baby sit him but this is not a option.

Another thing too I think you should remove the countdown timer on the reseller package. That is one reason I rushed into your service and it not true at all those prices are the same as November when I signed up.

I understand that it's frustrating when you encounter bugs, but we've been very clear that there will be bugs in the reseller program. It's clearly stated on the website, the TOS, and the order form.

The order form says: "The VOIPo reseller program is currently in a pre-launch phase. By ordering, you acknowledge understanding that you may encounter bugs and that documentation is limited.". We are extremely upfront that the reseller program is in BETA.

With any software product (especially one in BETA), there are always going to be bugs. We think overall the program is going extremely well and has very few. When bugs are discovered, they are addressed as quickly as possible, but cannot always be addressed instantly.

One reseller has around 4,000 accounts with us and is doing almost 3,000,000 minutes per month. They've only had one support request with us. Very few issues come up.

As you do find bugs, please report them and we'll address them as quickly as possible, but keep in mind many will take a while to resolve as they require recoding portions of our software. We'd love to resolve everything immediately but it's just not always feasible to do so.

In terms of the countdown, this is common with all budget VoIP providers. In order to be competitive, we must have similar marketing.