PDA

View Full Version : Incoming call rings phone once, then TA resets!

slk2k
01-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Things had been working well for quite some time, so I guess it's my turn to step up and get my share of a problem ... :-)

LInksys RT31P2 TA (from voipo) connected to a Panasonic KX-TG654 DECT6 phone. Can make outbound calls fine, but when incoming call (from my cell) rings, the port 1&2 and Internet lights go out, then on, then out, then on, then out, on and stays on. Call rings forever in my cell and I have dialtone on the pany. I swapped ports on the TA and tried a corded AT&T trimline phone (0.4 REN) instead and no change.

If I unplug the phone, then call, the TA never does this (or course, I can't answer the phone!).

Seems like the phone is unable to drive the voltage down the line to ring the phone (but the REN is 0.1 on the pany and the specs on the TA is 5.0 REN per rj45).

I think my TA has gone bad - opened a ticket with support to see what can be done. If someone has an idea while I am waiting on supprt, I'm all game. All I know is wife is "not happy" and WAF is plumetting ... :(

bwarden
01-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Are you connecting the phones directly to the ATA, or have you connected via house wiring? Have you tried different phone cords? Could be a short somewhere...

slk2k
01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Are you connecting the phones directly to the ATA, or have you connected via house wiring? Have you tried different phone cords? Could be a short somewhere...

I went thnru the whole range of options. On house wiring or local, port 1 or two. 2 different phones, 3 different cables (even borrowed a working phone/cable from a neighbor). Nothing. Things were working soo good up to then too. (adding the panasonic phone about 2 weeks ago after my uniden crapped out). Hardwired phones always worked (and rang when asked).

voipo is sending out a new unit - seems like the old unit just couldn't deliver any voltage down th eline anymore and when it tried ... **THUD**

slk2k
01-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I tried it all - no deal.

Received my replacement TA today (it's a Grandstream) and now the phone rings (more than once) and the TA doesn't reset!!

Happy day - Wife is climbing off my back now .. :)