PDA

View Full Version : XLite version 4 performance is poor compared to v3

babaganoosh
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I had set up xlite v3 on my netbook a while ago and it worked OK for the few times I used it.

I dusted it off for a trip we are taking and from our home wireless, the connections were mediocre - noisy and staticy.

I installed v4 to see if there were settings in there that weren't in v3. Interesting - it didn't carry over the account settings from v3, which I re-entered.

The call quality was horrendous - when people speak at the other end, I hear long stutttteeeeerrrrrriiiinnnnggg.

I have to check at another location admittedly, since at our home, we have 2 Voipo accounts / 2 different voipo phone numbers / 2 Voipo boxes connected to our router. And tech support hard mapped different ports to the 2 boxes.

WOuld you expect my home network to be the problem? Calls were ok with v3 minutes earlier. Are there any settings on a PC, in the app or on the voipo control panel to improve call quality?

Would you think I'll be able to make calls from the carribean? Getting calls isn't as important. But would be nice.

thanks!

Russell
01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Try Zoiper. Worked great recently from S. America.

babaganoosh
01-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Stupid me - v4 and v3 were still on the machine (it installed 4 sepearte from v3. Uninstalled both, reinstalled v4 and it works ok now.