PDA

View Full Version : International Question

stenger
01-27-2011, 08:52 AM
I have a few questions about international calling and after scouring the voipo site and the forums I am still a bit confused.

Are there still 60 minutes of international calling for free included in a residential account?

I have relatives going on a Caribbean trip/cruise and will need to be calling them in St. Thomas (us virgin islands) and on the Boat. The Us Virgin Island number is a 340 area code and is international so I guess it is .01 per minute. The second number is the cruise ship which seems to have a Houston area code 281 but I am told I have to call the number by dialing +1 281 886 xxxx which makes it international. How would this call be billed? Can anyone provide some insight into this?

I can open a ticket but thought I'd ask in the forums first.

VOIPoBrandon
01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
VOIPo Residential accounts do include 60 free "SELECT" destination minutes. You can view these included destinations on our international rate sheet at http://www.voipo.com/intrates.php?showall=true.

Be sure to make sure you reference the longest prefix match that you will be calling against our rate sheet to see whether or not it is included in the destination list.

When calling the 281 area code the call will be treated as a local domestic call.

When calling the 340 area code the call will be treated as an international call.