PDA

View Full Version : New to VOIP

woodcycl
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Hello,

I am quite new to VOIP. I have everything setup on my computer using x-lite as my softphone. About the only things I've done is setup VoiceMail and use Call Forwarding to my cell phone. I don't have a particular need to obtain a voip phone/hardware at this time.

My 1st question (so far) is this ... can I use something like CSipSimple on my Droid X as well as keep my x-lite on my computer at the same time?

If using a SIP client on my android phone (at the same time as using my SIP softphone at home on my computer) isn't possible, is there a way for me to call out on my cell phone, but have my CID number either (1) be masked / unknown to the recipient or possibly (2) show as my voip number?

3rd question. A friend of mine uses BroadVoice and he is able to have his voip number ring up to three other devices simultaneously if he chooses. So, someone calling his voip # ... his cell phone will ring, his home line, and possibly another device. I don't see this as a feature in voipo. Correct?

Many thanks,
Brian

voipinit
02-04-2011, 07:21 AM
As for your 3rd question - check out Simul Ring in the Beta tab. Sorry, can't help with your first 2 questions.

burris
02-04-2011, 09:30 AM
As for your 3rd question - check out Simul Ring in the Beta tab. Sorry, can't help with your first 2 questions.

As I remember, VOIPo will only ring only one other line in Simul Ring.