PDA

View Full Version : Calls going straight to vmail

TimW
02-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

This is sort of both a question and answer, and a request.

The problem
I've had a problem all day so far and maybe late last night where an incoming call would ring the house phone but go straight to vmail. The house phones would continue to ring, but the caller is connected to vmail after the first one, and even if you pick up immediately all you get is a ring tone.

The solution
After searching for a bit, I found a setting in Voicemail of VPanel, Number of Rings, that didn't look right. It was 8 digits, and didn't correspond to any string of numbers that I could recognize (our phone numbers, SSNs, CCs, etc), so I'm not sure how it got there.

The questions
- How did it get there? Its possible that I fat-fingered it, but I certainly don't remember doing it, and I'm not a noob.
- What values should be acceptable in this field and what is advisable? I have set it to 5 for now.
- Why did it accept such a large value in the first place?
- As it had sucha large value, why didn't the phone just ring and ring (at least until it was picked up)

The request
Please place some field checks/limits on this so that it can't be set with a value that will cause problems.

Thanks,
TimW.

VOIPoTim
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Right now the form fields don't check the values and will accept whatever is entered. In the new version of vPanel we are adding error checking to the forms.