PDA

View Full Version : Send / Receive SMS Phone App

chevyman
08-26-2013, 09:49 PM
how about a cell phone App to send/receive SMS for Android, Iphone & MS Windows desktop. Right now only way to do it other than Cpanel, is through email.

Russel007
01-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Currently I use Bria for Android, I have successfully sent text, but cannot receive them!

jayw654
03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
yeah they don't have the receive thing work yet. Right when sending a text you have to provide an alternate number for people to contact you on that can receive texts. I like that Voipo is starting to move int the right direction but I would also like if they would get the capability to receive working to the Voipo numbers as well.

Ansextra
03-12-2014, 03:19 PM
I have my SMS responses go to a Gmail label that I've set up a special notification sound for. This way I'm aware. If I reply to the email the recipient gets it as a text very quickly. Works fine. If you save the email they replied to you can just initiate another SMS conversation by sending an email to that address. Otherwise I also have the VOIPo control panel as a shortcut in my phone.

chevyman
03-13-2014, 07:01 PM
I have my SMS responses go to a Gmail label that I've set up a special notification sound for. This way I'm aware. If I reply to the email the recipient gets it as a text very quickly. Works fine. If you save the email they replied to you can just initiate another SMS conversation by sending an email to that address. Otherwise I also have the VOIPo control panel as a shortcut in my phone.

what about a shortcut to the SMS webpage?

Ansextra
03-14-2014, 09:34 AM
what about a shortcut to the SMS webpage?Good idea! Just tried it and that seems to work as well. Not sure if my login will timeout though. If it does then it will probably bring me back to the main page.