PDA

View Full Version : Uverse + VOIPo

jlachowin
02-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I need someone to confirm this is how I should have my parents Uverse router setup...

Static IP set to MAC Address of VOIPo adapter
Firewall setup...
UDP ports 5004-65000 assigned to static VOIPo IP
user defined application SIP assigned to static VOIPo IP

My parents have issues once a month, where they pickup the call and get a busy signal. I usually log a ticket for them, but then it starts to work. This is all after I power cycle the router and VOIPo adapter

VOIPo adapter is grandstream HT505

Thanks,
Justin

kghammond
04-30-2011, 01:10 PM
We have been having problems for the past few months with uVerse as well. We talked with someone at Voipo that said it was a u-Verse upgrade that started causing issues.

I have tried everything in the troubleshooting guide, but I can't get ours to work reliably yet.

Granted I have another firewall that is used for a VPN to work so my installation is a bit more complex. I can't do any of the static IP stuff since the static IP is already assigned to my VPN firewall.

That probably doesn't help much. We are giving Voipo support one more shot at fixing this before we pull the plug and find a different voip provider.

Kevin

stevech
04-30-2011, 09:46 PM
My parents have issues once a month, where they pickup the call and get a busy signal. I usually log a ticket for them, but then it starts to work. This is all after I power cycle the router and VOIPo adapter

VOIPo adapter is grandstream HT505

Thanks,
Justin
Me too. "Once a month" is the key- some issue with VoIPo's re-registration, IMO.

VOIPoTim
04-30-2011, 10:18 PM
We have been having problems for the past few months with uVerse as well. We talked with someone at Voipo that said it was a u-Verse upgrade that started causing issues.

I have tried everything in the troubleshooting guide, but I can't get ours to work reliably yet.

Granted I have another firewall that is used for a VPN to work so my installation is a bit more complex. I can't do any of the static IP stuff since the static IP is already assigned to my VPN firewall.

That probably doesn't help much. We are giving Voipo support one more shot at fixing this before we pull the plug and find a different voip provider.

Kevin

If you're experiencing issues and not able to setup port forwarding, you will very likely continue to experience issues. Port forwarding makes sure that our traffic gets through. Usually it's not needed but if you're experiencing issues then that means your router is not letting it all through.

If you've already worked with support unsuccessfully and they recommended port forwarding and you can't set that up, I'd recommend looking at another service.

While we hate to lose a customer, I don't see anything changing about your situation since there's nothing we can do on our end to force the traffic through the router without port forwarding.

The vast majority of our customers don't have any issues at all (less than 1% have ever contacted support) and those that do generally get this issue resolved pretty quickly by support. We try to be very straight and to the point in all of our dealings and if someone is having issues that our support team can't resolve quickly, it's very likely that it'll be a chronic, ongoing thing.