PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo-to-VOIPo call problems

caseydoug
02-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I referred a friend to VOIPo, and his service seems to be working fine except when he tries to call me. Then he gets one-way audio (I can hear him, but he can't hear me). This problem arises whether he uses his primary or his secondary line, and whether he calls me on my primary or secondary line. My calls to him go through fine. We tried forwarding ports, etc., but nothing helped.

I have put in a ticket, but wondered whether anyone else has seen problems with a single VOIPo-to-VOIPo connection.

Another odd thing I noticed is that his Features/Devices tab in VPanel shows three slightly different listings for each of his two lines.

VOIPoTim
02-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Another odd thing I noticed is that his Features/Devices tab in VPanel shows three slightly different listings for each of his two lines.

That sounds like an issue and would cause it if the audio doesn't know which "virtual" instance to use.

He should only have one for each line.

Please have him open a ticket for that.

bretski
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I referred a friend to VOIPo, and his service seems to be working fine except when he tries to call me. Then he gets one-way audio (I can hear him, but he can't hear me). This problem arises whether he uses his primary or his secondary line, and whether he calls me on my primary or secondary line. My calls to him go through fine. We tried forwarding ports, etc., but nothing helped.

I have put in a ticket, but wondered whether anyone else has seen problems with a single VOIPo-to-VOIPo connection.

Yep. Have the same problem with a neighbor that I referred to VOIPo. We had a ticket going, but I don't think it got resolved. Thanks for reminding me!