PDA

View Full Version : Just hooked up, now Belkin wireless router can't connect to Internet

awr66
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Getting and receiving calls.

But, big problem. The Belkin wireless router I use is not working at all now.

The set up is this:

Modem -> WAN (Grandstream) then LAN (Grandstream) to the Internet/WAN port of the Belkin router.

The router does not connect to the Internet. So, I reset the router. Nothing.

Then, so see if it was a problem with the Grandstream, I bypassed the Belkin, and hooked my PC right out of the WAN port of the Grandstrea. Got a connection right away.

So, I feel it is something with the Belkin router that needs to be fixed.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Butch

caseydoug
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Try rebooting your (cable?) modem. The solution all depends on your network configuration. Let's assume, for example, that your Grandstream is acting as a DHCP client to either your ISP's internet gateway or to your cable modem, and a DHCP server to devices behind it. In that case, your Belkin router should be set up as a DHCP client to the Grandstream and a DHCP server to the other devices on your LAN, including your computer.

You should be able to log into your router to see what IP address it is getting on its WAN and LAN sides. You should also be able to see whether it is enabled as a DHCP client and server. If rebooting the modem doesn't help, then report back on the IP addresses of your computer (behind the Belkin) as well as the WAN and LAN IP addresses of the Belkin.

gatorsean
02-15-2011, 08:54 PM
I had a hard time configuring a belkin router since my cable modem settings are completely automatic the router didn't really like that. I think I eventually got it working by connecting it to my other router and having that router assign an IP to it.

About a week later I took the router back and got an asus 500g v2 and put ddwrt on it

caseydoug has some good steps to take, keep us posted.

awr66
02-15-2011, 09:28 PM
This fixed my problem:

With a phone plugged into line 1 of the adapter they can dial *** to access the GS IVR menu Input option 12 when prompted
Then hit option 9 to enable the WAN Port Web Access (if it says it's disabled)

VOIPoJames
02-16-2011, 01:45 PM
It's also worth noting that both the Grandstream unit and Belkin utilize the same default gateway address of: 192.168.2.1, changing either of the DHCP servers to handle a different range will alleviate the conflict.