PDA

View Full Version : PSQ-547325 Incoming call issue

lost
02-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Voipo/Tim, this ticket has been opened for 12 hours with no response from support. I usually get a quick response. What's up? Is there a better way to get a quicker response these days?

Issue: incoming calls can't go through on the primary line. The other line works great.

VOIPoTim
02-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Since this was submitted outside of business hours, there is a little delay from the tim we were closed. VOIPo support just opened for the day 2 hours ago and is working through the tickets from overnight now and you should get a response within the hour.

lost
02-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I asked support to switch me to East and that finally solved the issue -- nothing had changed from my end. Not sure why - you guys might want to take a look at the ticket details.

EDIT - sigh, never mind. Still couldn't get calls from outside on my 1st line. I was lazy to grab my cell phone, and tested from my 2nd voipo line and that worked. But calling my 1st line from an external line didn't, even though calling my 2nd line would work fine.

As noted on the ticket, the phone detected a very brief incoming call -- the new call light would blink, and the CID list it as unknown. So my guess is the call is dropped even though it's still ringing on the caller side (and would even simul ring too if it's turned on, but simulring is off to rule that out as the cause). And it shouldn't be my network setup because nothing has changed there and my 2nd line works.

lost
02-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Could it be the ATA? Bad circuit on the first line?

I just tried running a softphone on my laptop then called it, and it rang fine. My laptop is in the same network as the ATA.